Friday, November 1, 2013

I'm Your Number One Blog!

Today is the last day of daylight savings. Daylight Savings Time ends tomorrow night. I know I talk about how this is stupid every time the clock goes back or forward but I will not mention how useless this tradition is now. Tomorrow night my eight hour shift will last nine hours. That's one of the crappy things about working through the night. However, I do get one hour of overtime for that extra hour (everything over 7.5 hours per day is time-and-a-half). This year, however, I am off the next day so I like this year better.

I am pretty tired right now. I am not sure it is from that last paragraph or from not getting enough sleep. I am guessing the latter. I am tired most of the time. Tonight and tomorrow night will seem much longer than they are anyway so one of them may as well be longer so I can get more scratch. It's Halloween weekend in a college town - do you think it;s gonna be boring. I already KNOW the answer to that question from previous experience. It will not be boring and, even though there is an extra hour hidden in there, time will fly by.

I often wonder why time became so important to us. Everything is about time. Ha, "it's about time." Time is probably to blame for most stress in the world.

Did you hear that some dude just walked into Stephen King's home in Maine? Many questions - why walk into King's home right before Halloween? Why can you just walk into Stephen King's home? No security? No door locks? It sounds like my house is harder to get into than a millionaire world-wide celebrity's home? That's ridiculous. Maybe Bangor, Maine is more trusting than the MIDDLE of the U.S. and A.. Didn't King read Misery? I have to check who wrote that book about Blake Sheldon - a horror novelist that got in accident and then dragged into a house and held hostage by a loon. Oh, it was written by a fellow named Stephen King - that's odd and quite coincidental. I wonder if any other mainstream news agencies will make this connection. If they don't I will have to talk about that on Sunday when we record the next awesome load of Dirty Laundry Podcast. Now that I blogged about it, though, it will be all over the mainstream press. Why can't I just keep my big blog shut? Why do I know Blake Sheldon's name? I loved that movie and have seen Misery man times. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe it's because I have had many ankle injuries in my day and that was one of the most disturbing motion picture scenes for me ever! You know what scene I mean and, if you don't, I have to question your movie choices. How could anybody do such a thing to Sonny Corleone Piccolo?

I am going to catch some zzzzzzzz's. I think I will lock the bedroom door so no unfortunate sledge hammer incidents occur while I slumber. Not sure if I will blog tomorrow or not. I may want to get the extra sleep to make up for the hour I am gonna lose. Maybe that extra hour I sleep will feel like two? Maybe I use the word "maybe" too much- just Maybe. I also notice that when I speak I start a lot of sentences with the word "well." Sometimes having a world-sensation podcast really makes one learn things about himself. Have a great rest of your day and night. Thanks for spending a few moments inside of my feebleness. TTTWIBY (ta ta til when I blog ya)... MITM (ghost) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment