Friday, November 8, 2013

Can You Drink and Blog?

I think I was off of Facebook for an about 24 hours straight. I was delighted to know that I did not miss it. I guess that means I am not addicted. I cannot say the same for all forms of electronic technology bun I am not Jonesin' for Facebook..

Yesterday was my dad's 75th birthday. I won't say much more about it since I blogged about us taking he and my mom out for his special day on Sunday a couple of days ago. My brother put a photo of my dad from when he was in the U.S. Army on The Facebook yesterday. I, of course, did not see it until right now because I wasn't on The Facebook back then. The photo was probably taken just before I was born and he and my mom went to Germany to bring back the best souvenir in the history of souvenirs.

It listened to the new load Dirty Laundry Podcast last night. I pretty much know what the show sounds like in bits and pieces from recording and editing but it isn't until I hear the show in it's entirety that I know whether it's good or not. Thankfully out of our 133 shows I can only think of a couple that I thought were a stroke or two above par. Above par is bad in case you are not familiar with the game of golf. Where else is something that is below average good? I have never really thought about it that way until I typed it right there. I learn so much from writing this blog.

I just noticed that I am way behind on Words With Friends too. Why do we do stuff like Facebook and Words With Friends? Don't we have enough to do just living our lives? I need to entertain myself 24 hours per day. Okay, I am caught up on Words With Friends now. How do I have so many games of that going with so many different people?

Last night really wore me out. I walked about 12 miles last night in the cold. It was a nice clear night and I was dressed pretty warmly so it wasn't that bad but I am tired and my feet ache a little bit. I don't have to walk out in the cold again until Tuesday so I should recover by then. Sunday it sounds like I am going bowling. I didn't agree ahead of time but I will have fun. I have not bowled in a long time. I used to be pretty good. I was in a bunch of different leagues over the years. I love sports where you can drink while you are "performing." Bowling is cool but golf is even better. In golf they give you keys to one of their vehicles and send you out around of bunch of lakes and then drive up to you and offer you alcohol. Is this a great sport or what? Not to mention that you are hitting little balls that are like little frozen snowballs (ice balls) toward other people. Sometimes there are even strippers or worse better. Maybe if I had walked more rather than driven a cart my feet wouldn't hurt so much from walking last night. But, where would I have put my drink and cigar? (in golf not last night)

I am probably going to sleep for two or three hours before I head to work tonight. Last night I tried that but I just laid there for two hours and then slept for maybe one. Good thing I walked constantly and it was cold. I think I am going to end this now so I can try to sleep because I will be sitting and in the warmth most of the night tonight.

Thanks a lot for continuing to listen to the podcast so we can continue to do it. We could and probably would continue because we like doing it but you help to motivate us to continue and to keep trying to make the show fun and better all of the time. Thank You!. I am not sure if I will blog tomorrow but I will try. Have a great night. TTT?...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment