Monday, November 4, 2013

END THE RED SQUIGGLE!!!!

Yesterday we went over and spent the day with my mom and dad. We went over for my dad's 75th birthday. He is pretty spry and I guess those genes are where I get the "really, you don't look that old" from people all the time from. Before we went out to eat Fabio, my dad and I went up on his garage roof and repaired a leak he had in the roof. He just had his second knee replaced a couple of months and he had no problem getting up on the roof with us but doubt he would have had an easy time with being down on his two titanium knees with us. I don't think he had ever seen anybody get sung to by the waitstaff on their birthday before. He actually looked a little shocked and touched.

Today I am going shooting. I haven't been to a range in a long time and I am really looking forward to it. I am going with my buddy Rich from work. I cannot think of a better way to spend my one full day off a week. Actually, I can think of quite a few better ways to spend my day off but this will be a lot of fun. This is probably the 17th best way to spend my day off. I wonder what kind of targets they have these days. I heard that they have zombie targets but I may just go with the standard target. My day also will consist of driving to the Elburn train station at 06:00 for a drop-off and back again for a pick-up sometime between 16:00 and 17:30.

Work this past weekend was crazy busy. I love being crazy busy at work. The busier I am the faster time goes by and the more I feel I am helping people.And with working an extra hour during the stupid end of Daylight Savings Time a faster day (night) as very welcome. I live to serve.

I am so tired of stupidity. I am sure people say that occasionally when they are around me and, for that, I apologize. There doesn't seem like there is any end of it in our world though. There is so much stupidity and selfishness and ignorance in the MIDDLEtown I live in and most of it I cannot talk about. I know a lot more about many things than most people know and I cannot share most of it with anybody. (I hope that makes sense) A person who writes a blog (this one) and records a weekly podcast that is heard world-wide (Dirty Laundry Podcast) has a difficult time not sharing. It demonstrates to me that I have great willpower. I should use that willpower for many other aspects of my life.
Sometimes they don't even know they're stupid!

With having most parts of Sundays off I would have thought that I would have watched a lot of football this year. I have not watched one entire NFL game this season. I have watched bits and pieces here and there but not an entire game. I have watched several games on Saturdays but those have all been college games. I never used to be much of a college football fan but those games are much more exciting than NFL games. On top of that there are far fewer commercials and commentator bologna.

Some things I really hate about getting older. I cannot remember hardly anything anymore. I have always had a great memory. I would win trivia contests all the time because I could remember the most mundane facts. Now I cannot remember the idea I had to blog about that was in my head four minutes ago. Do you suppose my mind is full of all of those mundane things and I need to purge my files to make room for things that are important now? Humans need some sort of back-up system. If I could come up with a Dropbox for the human brain I would be a bazillionaire. Not only that but, I could put in my Dropbox that I am a bazillionaire so I could remember that I have a bazillion dollars. There must not really be any bazillionaires in the world because Spell-check recognized the word "bazillion" but the word "bazillionaire" has that little red line under it. I could be the first one and then remember it on by Dropbox. I could end the red squiggle.
The way he looks in about every military flick

I think Tom Sizemore is in every military film made after 1999. I love him as an actor but I lost a lot of respect for him several years back when I saw him on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab. I give him credit for trying to get clean but I wonder how much those celebs got paid to be on that show to air their Dirty Laundry. You hear a lot about how much stress there is in being a celebrity. BULL LOGNA (I stopped myself just short). I cannot imagine the stress of having enough money to not worry about anything. And, on top of that, not needing money because people want to give you free stuff all of the time. I can divorce myself from actors' private lives and I love him in film. Maybe he has cleaned himself up by now and I hope he has. Moral of the story - if you're a celebrity don't let us in on your personal life. I am watching Saving Private Ryan right now which is why that this paragraph crept into my kitchen. This is easily in my top five of military flicks. Number one is Band of Brothers. Saving Private Ryan is probably #2 (not poop but the number in the top five).

Okay, I have to get rolling. Have a great day even though this is the start of your week. This is my only full day off so I am gonna get some other exciting things done too like: laundry (both kinds), shopping, pay bills... I may even take a nap just for the halibut. Thanks for rolling on by and make sure to listen to the show if you haven't yet. The new one should be up in the next day or two. TTTT...MITM (uh, what was I gonna say here again? Oh yeah, OUT) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment