Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happiness Is A Warm Butt(s)!

I know dogs are pretty smart even though we call them dumb dogs sometimes. Jeff is our Border Collie and we have been told by many dog people and have read everywhere that his breed is one of the smartest in the dog world. Maybe it's because he is only still a puppy but if he is one of the smartest I now know why the dogs are still our slaves and a main source of our entertainment without driving privileges. He was just trying to sneak up on his own tail. The tail seemed to know when he was coming because it always got out of the way just before it got bitten. Isn't there a saying about feeling like a dog chasing his tail? Maybe "every dog has his day" is the day that he finally catches his tail. That's why it's such a special day - apparently it's much more difficult than it appears.

Last night I spent about seven hours in the chilly rain. Sometimes it rained hard but most of the time it was like the rain forest would feel like I imagine. IF it was cold in the rain forest - which it is not. Supposedly, you can't really get sick just by being out in the cold and/or rain. Many say you can only get sick by being around someone who is sick. I think this is a lie parents told kids to get them to go outside to get them out of their hair. Little did they know that when the kids got sick they would be in their hair with interest (puking, sneezing, whining, coughing...). I feel a little stuffed-up today but I am not ready to tie one to the other just yet. I seem to have allergies as I have gotten older so I will say I am just allergic to being in the cold rain all night long.

I just saw a commercial that had a website curepc.com. I know the commercial was about pancreatic cancer but I would have chosen a different web address. PC is "politically correct" and I thought that was a good thing. Maybe curepancan.com or something like that. We don't want to cure politically correctness. Why is it POLITICALLY correct anyway? What seems to be correct in politics doesn't seem to be the same correctness we non-politicians live by. If we shared the same correctness (the one that most of us try to live by) politics in the world would not be in the mess that it/they is/are. Who came up with that stupid term? Probably a politician that wanted to start their own set of rules - like the mayor of Toronto.

Is that Cha Cha's grandpa behind Clint Eastwood?
I got the new Dirty Laundry Podcast edited and uploaded yesterday. It's funny that when I listen to the show while I am editing it I always wonder if it is any good. But, most of the time, when I get done and listen I am happy to find that the show is good. I think that is the same for someone writing a song. You hear it so much and before it is finished that it's hard to appreciate it for what it is until you divorce yourself from it for a bit and then listen later. I guess it's all that "you are your own worst critic" thing.

I am watching Escape From Alcatraz (background noise really). I think I may have seen this in the theater back in 1979. I always get a kick out of one of the names of the guys that plan to escape from "the rock" with Clint Eastwood (Frank Morris). The guy's name is Charlie Butts. Cha Cha's maiden name is Butts and her grandpa's name was Charlie Butts. Her dad's name was also Charles Butts but he went by Jerry (Charles Gerald Butts). Probably because his dad's name was the same and it made for less confusion on the farm. Who wants to be know as Junior or J.R.? Anyway, every time I watch this I think, "was Cha Cha's grandpa in Alcatraz? Was her dad? Was it a relative?" The actual Alcatraz escape occurred in 1962 and since Cha Cha's brother was born in 1962 it is highly unlikely that it was her dad though, not impossible. It would be more likely that it was her Grandpa or another relative with the same first name. But, then, I look again and am reminded that of the three men that actually escaped from Alcatraz none of them was really named Charlie Butts. The real three men that left Alcatraz (and nobody knows how successful they really were) were: Frank Morris, Clarence Anglin and John Anglin. Charlie Butts was a made-up character. In the film Charlie doesn't get out of the prison because he didn't try to get out of his hole earlier (preparation and practice are everything). Charlie Butts was actually based on an inmate named Allen West (I have no idea why they changed the name other than they may not have wanted to get sued by West). He was the one who told the prison officials what the actual plan to get out was, probably as part of a plea bargain. I wonder if he's still alive? He'd be cool to have on the podcast.

Have a great night. I won't be outside tonight so the rain is probably over. I will be outside again tomorrow night so I bet the rain will be back mainly on the plain tomorrow night. Thanks for being here and for listening to the podcast. If you have any suggestions for either please let me know - always open to thoughts. TTTT...MITM (Seacrest)

OH yeah that reminds me for some reason - way to go my MIDDLEwest state of Illinois for becoming the 15th state that will allow same-gender marriage. I wish we could have been #1 but I am proud we are still in the top 15. I just want everyone to be happy (yes, that is a colorful link). I am not sure if marriage is the answer to that wish for everyone but I know it is for many. I say when you find one that says "yes" why experience rejection anymore after that?  CONGRATS! TA again.

No comments:

Post a Comment