Monday, November 18, 2013

Briefcase Full of Blog

Yesterday my part of the MIDDLEwest had some pretty entertaining weather. Remember, entertainment isn't always good. It simply means an activity that holds the interest of an audience. So, today, the small town of Washington, Illinois is the center of the universe for world-wide media. I have lived in Illinois for many. many, many, many, many years and I had never heard of Washington, Illinois until yesterday. Now that the vultures have arrived there to get their sound bytes and video feeds and stories of sadness, pain and tragedy to make a buck and fill their 24-hour news cycle they all, all of a sudden, care about these people that were nothing more than a dollar sign to them yesterday. Well, not nothing, as the people from Washington. IL probably listened and/or watched some of these networks' commercials and maybe purchased some products. I guess they are just about where they were before - they were dollar $ign$ then and they are just larger dollar $ign$ today. I am as guilty as anyone of being about me, me, me but I know that it is wrong. Maybe they know too but I am not so sure about that. we're all a little guilty of that I suppose.

In a bit I am heading to the range to shoot. Maybe that will make me feel better? Can you tell that I am still on the crabby side of okay? I am on the mend though - blog, pod and comedy clubs heal all pain. I kind of miss working in the comedy club sometimes. Maybe we should get a condo in Chicago?

Tonight we will record Dirty Laundry Podcast. I imagine we will talk a lot about our night with Emo Philips. I want to write some about it here but I don't want to double-dip; there enough media whores in my neck of the nape right now. It was a good time but I will whore it up on the podcast later rather than here now. I was, at least, quite a bit less crabby last night (there were margaritas included there too though). That less-crabby feeling and the margaritas, however, have worn-off.
I am listening to a radio station now while I blog and I guess there is a fortune teller, psychic, mystic, medium... in my town now. Ms. Michelle just had a commercial on the radio. She has an office by Arby's. I wonder if she'd like to be on the podcast; you know damn well I am going to ask her. The ad said she does psychic readings for as little as $20. What a shock, now a news story about Washington, IL following Ms. Michelle's commercial. I bet she knew that story was coming. I did - I may be psychic too. I think psychics are pretty cool. I don't really believe that they are psychic but, it is entertaining. I'd pay $20 for her to be on the show and get a psychic reading at the same time. Yesterday we had the entire podcast studio packed into one silver metal briefcase to go see Emo Philips so, we are so mobile now that it would be a broadcast sin not to go to her. I have to add a handcuff to that briefcase for effect. Even though we are that mobile do not expect us to be broadcasting from Washington, IL. Maybe one day we will reach that whore-itide but we are not there just yet.

I am gonna break-off now to go start getting ready for the firing range. I will probably feel a lot better after that (margaritas will NOT be included for this activity). Unless I shoot like crap then I will just be crabby again. Thanks a lot for stopping-in. I hope you were not effected negatively by yesterday's storms. Have a great rest of your day. (hey, another story about Washington, IL on the radio) I will let you know when the podcast is ready - most likely late tomorrow or, more likely, sometime Wednesday. Have a great day. TTTT...MITM (out on the range) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment