Saturday, November 9, 2013

Is it Keister or Keester or Kiester?

Today is the anniversary of Jack The Ripper's final known murder. I find it fascinating that there are only five murders that have been confirmed to his/hers yet he/she is the most famous serial killer of all time. Mary Kelly is also the only victim that many of us know by name. She was found dead on this day 188 years ago. She was discovered "mutilated beyond all recognition" which is probably why there has always been even more intrigue about her murder. And, why was she the last? Was she the last? Did "The Ripper" come to America? Did he get pinched for something else? Did he die? Did he retire? If you listened to this most recent load of Dirty Laundry Podcast you heard how I remember my early fascination with Charles Manson. I know I am not alone with my curios with these loons but my fascination is more a curiosity of why so many, including myself, are fascinated with these types of people. Can you imagine what things would have been like if there had been all the social media then that we have today?

It's 13:00 (actually 12:57) and I am still in my pajamas. I should still be asleep which would make for my attire more appropriate but I will be again before I head-in to work for my Friday. Last night was soooooo much slower than last week at work.It was steady but not crazy. Right now I am living for Thanksgiving week. Provided I get my days-off approved I will be off Wednesday - Monday that week. Two of those days are my regular days off (Sunday and Monday) and two days I get holiday pay for (Thursday and Friday). So, I really will only use one vacation day and one comp. day (worked a holiday and banked the hours as comp. time to be used as a day off later). It's kind of nice working for the State of Illinois when it comes to holiday pay. I am even more proud to work for a state that finally will recognize same-sex marriage. I know many people have different views about that than I do but they are wrong and I am right. There is nothing anyone can say on this topic that would change my mind so, if you have differing thoughts on this, keep them to yourself when I am around.
While I was out in the backyard playing with Jeff (he's our dog if you are not hip) I was wearing my pajamas. Our backyard is fairly hidden by trees and fence but I am sure people see me and I don't care. I am the Hugh Hefner of Devonaire Farms. I should start calling my p.j.'s a smoking jacket and walk around with a bubble pipe. Hef's lifestyle seems a little more plush than mine but I have to start somewhere. I am 100% positive that I will not be allowed to wear my jammers to work no MATTer how cool I think I am.

I cannot believe we record the podcast again tomorrow. It seems like we just did that. Maybe it is because we record one day and then I edit the show and then I listen to it a few times... And, when I am not working on the show physically I am trying to develop topics for the next show. I am thinking this has turned the corner to obsession.  At the cross-steer of awesome!

I think we are going to get groceries. Why in the Hell are we doing that on a Saturday? We will probably go to Target because that seems to be where we do most of our grocery shopping these days. We also have to return the movie to the antique store (inside joke for podcast listeners - listening has it's advantages).

Headed to the store now. We are going to Hy-Vee if you are keeping score at home. They have a good wine department and Cha Cha wants to get ham salad. They don't have a deli or a bakery at Target. Have a great weekend, if this is your weekend. I will probably blog again Monday while I am working on the show. Thanks a lot for parking your kiester here for awhile. I am not sure if that is the proper spelling of kiester but it sounds German and that's the way you would spell it in German. Get your letters in for the podcast - we have lots of time to fill. TTTNW? (next week)... MITM (getting out of his Hef's) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment