Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dark Side of the Blog!

I am so disillusioned with life right at the moment. Smells like this is going to be a blog with venting undertones doesn't it? Life is so unfair. I am not going to be specific but, I am so tired of seeing people who do not deserve things getting everything they want and the people who deserve things go without. Our whole country (yes, even in the MIDDLEwest) is about whose butt you can kiss and who you know. I know this is no revelation but, I am once again very sick of it. I consider myself a bit of a schmoozer but I have never acquired the taste of ass so, even though I can schmooze with the best of them, I am not willing to drop my dignity. I am a nice person and give everything my all and do what is right most of the time and have always hoped that that would be enough but it is not. That's why I am and, will always be, stuck in the middle. I always think of movies in times like this (they really are the books of the current times so it is not as stupid as it sounds) and one movie line comes to mind. "Why do we fall?  So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." I am tired of getting back up. How about I just quit being so clumsy and stop falling down? Do I stay a nice guy or do I become an a-hole and get my share of what I believe to be mine? I am stupid so I will just stay a nice guy and continue to hang-out here at the crap trough of life. I don't really like many of the people who are not down here with be anyway.

People who know me well know when I am in one of these moods. I usually get very quiet. I am afraid to open my mouth for fear that the steam will set off the fire alarms. I really need to get past this right now.

Sunday Cha Cha and I are going to Zanies Comedy Nite Club in Chicago to see Emo Philips. That will cheer me up though, I hope I am not still in this mood by then or I may be watching the show from a bell tower. Emo has agreed to record some things for Dirty Laundry Podcast. I am pretty excited about that. I have always found him funny. Weird Al Yankovic calls him "the funniest man on the planet." Jay Leno (who I cannot stand) says Emo is "the best joke writer in America." Leno's stand-up was pretty funny before he turned into one of those people I was discussing in that opening paragraph there. If you're not doing anything Sunday and you're in my neck of the MIDDLEwest come out and see Emo Philips. Anyway, he told me that he is "not much of a podcast comic but (he'll) be happy to record some promos" for us. That's far more that I had expected so, I am delighted. I am sure they will be awesome considering he is the funniest man on the planet and the best joke writer in America. It will be unusual to have some actual humor on the show for a change. Maybe he'll see how charming and nice we are and change his mind and speak more for the show? I am not going to ask (see paragraph 1) but, if he offers, I will be ready.

By the way, the new Dirty Laundry Podcast was uploaded last night. We talk a bit about Emo there but, that was before he agreed to see us in "the green room." I worked at Zanies for several years and we had many very big stars there so, I am not too star-struck. I just appreciate humor and Emo has been doing it for about four decades and he has always cracked me up.

Writing and thinking about Emo and his jokes has slightly lifted me from my doldrums. Just slightly though.

Weird that I just found a story about another of my favorite comics of all time. I will talk about it next week on the show. If I can wait that long.

I am going back on the weight-loss bandwagon. At one point I lost 84 pounds but, I have gained about 40 of that back. It's ironic that when I was out of work for awhile is when I lost the weight. You would kind of think that there would have been depression or something that would have made me want to just eat all of the time but it worked the opposite for me. I guess I considered it my job to lose weight. The term Matt Fat and Happy had to come from somewhere I suppose. Maybe when people are happy they are okay being fat? I was never really okay with it but it bothered me more when I felt less productive to society. Now, I am just remembering how much better I felt about myself 40 pounds ago and want to get back there with interest. I know how to do it so, now I just have to do it. I am on day two and I have had lots of apples and carrots and some turkey breast meat. I write it here so I can look back and remember when I started again. By the by - this has NOTHING to do with my attitude from the, now famous, paragraph one.

Do you listen to any other podcasts that you can recommend? I want to start listening to more podcasts and iTunes has so many that I would rather have suggestions than keep shooing in the dark. Almost all of them are free and if they suck I can just stop listening and delete them but, I'd rather have a bunch that I enjoy.

I have a bunch to do so I am going to beg-off. Thanks a lot for letting me lie on your couch for a bit - it's been quite awhile since my last blog therapy session. I really appreciate you listening to the podcast and reading the blog. You are a big part of the reason that I am not an alcoholic. TTTT...MITM (doldrumming out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment