Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Hectic Days

I stared to write the blog this morning and got this notice"European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent. 

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. 

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities." I am not sure what it means but I know it will be alright if I just ignore it and break international law. 

Yesterday Splenda, Cha Cha and I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I have seen all of the Star Wars films in theaters but this was the first one that I saw in 3-D. I have seen many films in 3-D in the theater and I do enjoy that technology. I also liked this film a great deal though, at times, it seemed to drag a bit. After the show I thought about the Star Wars cards that I collected back in 1977. So, since I seem to be at least a bit obsessive-compulsive, I went to the basement and dug them out. I have the blues cards and the yellow cards and the red cards. Those are three different sets I guess.  also have some stickers. I looked at the cards and noticed that I have one complete blue set and plenty more cards. I bet I have another entire set or two of those. I will mess with that later, probably. 
May the advertisements be with you - always!
Why is the movie time set at 15:45 and the previews don't even start until 15:46? Previews intertwined with commercials that is, to be more accurate. Why do we have to watch commercials after we pay for the film? They already got us into the theater. Talk about a captive audience! I feel the same way about cable and satellite television. We already pay monthly to subscribe to these services and now we have to be inundated with commercials too? Anyway, the movie finally began at 16:06. Maybe Star Wars is different because they couldn't really show Han Solo or Luke Skywalker drinking Pepsi of Coke. But merchandising, like trading cards and action figures, is bigger on these kinds of films maybe. That is my theory - that theory is mine. 

Some drunk dude hit a pole just outside of our subdivision last night and our power (the whole front part of the subdivision) was out for a couple of hours. It was kind of nice having candles lit throughout the house and us having to actually talk. It was like a Christmas Eve Eve miracle - especially with all four of us here. Tonight we are going out with my parents for dinner and a show. I remember going to my grandparent's houses on Christmas Eve when I was a young fellow. On the way home we ALWAYS saw Rudolf's nose blinking in the sky and, when we got home, we always rushed to bed so we would be asleep before Santa arrived. Falling asleep was almost impossible after knowing Santa was so close.

I received a Christmas from my good mates Coldplay. We became good friends and mates when I played finger cymbals and tambourine on their song The Scientist. I never toured with them; I just did some studio work with them in 2001. I could be mistaken on some of that. I am not sure if my finger cymbal solo was even left in the final version of the song.  

I need to end this as we have a pretty tight agenda/schedule for today and tonight. I hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends over the next couple of days. I feel for the people who have to work but I, for one, appreciate what you do for the rest of us and for your families. I have worked many a Christmas Eve and Christmas Night and it does stink. 

Thank you for stopping in. I don't know if I will blog tomorrow but I doubt that I will. TTTWhenever I blog ya again...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment