Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Old Dear Mr. Helser Letter Huh?

 Maybe I should just listen to the horse's mouth 
I got some mail from Mayo Clinic yesterday afternoon. I knew it was regarding whether I made the cut or not. I think the last time I received a letter that would send my life in one direction or another was college acceptance letters (what are they called if you are not accepted?). I assumed that the Mayo letter came in letter-form rather than a phone call that it was not news that they were excited to deliver. I opened the envelope please and did what people do people do with letters and upon reading it I realized it was going to be a rejections letter when it started, "Dear Mr. Helser Thank you for your request for an appointment at Mayo Clinic. waiting for the other shoe to drop We appreciate the confidence you have expressed in us. waiting for the other shoe to drop Unfortunately, there's the other shoe I was waiting for we are unable..." The letter went on to recommend some other places to try in their network and if I "strongly desire an appointment" that I could "obtain and send us a referral letter from the provider most familiar with your medical situation..." So much for the parts of the Hippocratic Oath that says, "I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of over-treatment and therapeutic nihilism." and the part that says, "I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick." I searched for the punishment for breaking the oath. I suppose they could call the oath "you're on your own and we will pretend like we care oath.

I thought I heard that the new Point Break movie is rated PG-15. Why would they remake that movie? Is there really a PG-15 or did I hear that wrong? I cannot imagine they can do that script any justice without totally rewriting it. Maybe just changing Keanu Reeves would help? I suppose the 1991 version one was okay for what it was. I think I just like to have new, different, stories. 
I heard line yesterday that I liked a great deal and thought I would just share it for what it is. I had heard it several years ago but, as we do in the Google-Effect age I had forgotten it - "The human spirit is more powerful than any drug and that is what needs to be nourished. Work, play, friendship, family... these are the things that matter. This is what we have forgotten; the simplest things."  I am not sure if British neurologist Oliver Sacks said these words but I like them no MATTer where they come from. 

I think some of the spacing  and maybe some of the background color in today's blog may be messed-up and I don't have the inclination to try to figure it out since I am kind of pressed for time today. Sorry if it caused you discomfort or seizures or fits of rage and exasperation... That was not my intention and I did try to fix it ever so briefly. Diversity is the spice of life.

I am traveling today and tomorrow so I am happy to be able to blog this morning before my next leg of this journey. My travelling companion is ** years old she is the wife of my first marriage (no I am not going to Graceland though that would not be too much of a journey). I am certain I will not be able to blog tomorrow but I am certain of quite a few things that I turn-out to be wrong about like maybe mis-hearing a PG-13 as a PG-15? So, don't be surprised if I do blog.

Thank you, so very much, for stopping by. Also, thank you for continue to encourage me to write as I do love writing and discovering new things to write about. I hope you have a splendid day and I wish you happiness. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment