Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Foibles Are Fun, Eh!

The entire (immediate) family slept under the same roof of our home last night. I suppose this is what is referred to as home for the holidays. Splenda is done with school for however long she decides she wants to be done. If she is like her mother she will not be happy with a Bachelor's Degree and will go for a Masters or two. I am very proud that she was on the Dean's List as well. It is nice to have everyone here for however long that lasts.

Tomorrow we will be with my parents too. We go weeks and months without seeing them and it is nice that this time of year exists so we make time to slow our lives down (kind of ironic to make time to have time) so we can spend time together. No MATTer what your thought are about the holidays it is nice that our society allows us this time every year to just slow down and enjoy one another. I hope you are able to enjoy your family and friends this season too. If not, we have plenty of room for you to come hang-out with us.

Last night Cha Cha and I went out to dinner with MADYM. I had not seen her for awhile; it was a nice dinner. Our waiter seemed a bit over his head but we were entertained by him. We kind of think that he may have been one of the owners' grandfather or something; he made us look like Spring chickens. He spoke very broken English (perhaps his native language was Italian?). The food was just okay but I went for the company and the company made-up for the foibles. 
I try not to get political for many reason. Mainly, I don't pay too close attention to be up on the candidates until we are down to the actual election. I will vote in the Primary and I am down to two candidates that I will choose from. I am 80% certain of who I will vote for unless something Earth-shaking changes my mind. I will tell you that I would not vote for Donald Trump even if I were threatened to be deported to a third-world country if I did not. As hard as he tries to throw the election he still has plenty of followers. There is someone that I have literally known all my life that plans to vote for him and defends all of his asinine comments and shenanigans. Even after Trump attacks other candidates for going to the bathroom during a break from debates. He is vulgar and ignorant and dishonest and spoiled and I will be in Canada in 2016 if he is elected as our President. Canada welcomes immigrants and refugees like people with consciences do. People take in animals (puppies and kitties) all the time but a stray human seems to be taboo to people. That makes me think that I would leave the city I live in if Trump even became dog-catcher. Please do not let this refugee (me) down America!

I am wondering if the Miss America blunder (host Steve Harvey announcing the runner-up as the winner and then having to retract that) was all planned to get morons with blogs to write about it. Is it also a coincidence that Harvey signed a multi-year deal to host the pageant right before the show was aired? Yes, I try to find conspiracy in everything. It is not because I am paranoid I just like to entertain myself and I think conspiracies are entertaining. Miss Columbia was a good sport about it when she was given the title and, moments later, the title went to Miss Philippines. I think, at that point I would have made co-Miss Universes. There are enough ribbons to be cut for two people to get them done more efficiently. Of course, Donald Trump had to weigh in because I am sure Abraham Lincoln and George Washington would have when they were campaigning. Trump said. "...very sad what happened last night at the Miss Universe Pageant. I sold it six months ago for a record price. This never would have happened!"  I am not sure how the person "owning" the pageant could stop a live error by someone else. So, I suppose he would have lied and edited and covered-up the foible. 

I had better wrap this up as it is thundering like crazy right now and the thunderstorms are on their way. Can you believe thunderstorms in Illinois on December 23rd? Thanks, Obama Global Warming. I hope you have a great rest of you day. I think I will be able to get a Christmas Eve blog in tomorrow. There was lightning and it is pouring now. Do you suppose Mother Nature is a Trump fan? Can she read this before I post it? Am I the last person that believes in Mother Nature? Okay - TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment