Thursday, December 10, 2015

Still Alive!

I am SUPER NERD! 
It has been almost a week since I last blogged (will be a week tomorrow) and I thought it was time to blog again. I just had a lot of things that needed to get done so last Friday I wrote that I would not blog for awhile and that allowed me to get many of the things done; most of them actually. It was also fortuitous that you did not expect a blog because Fabio got sick and I took him to the doctor a couple of times in that time and drove him to school (Waubonsee Community College) and hung-out in the library for about five hours reading a couple of days ago. Waubonsee is where Cha Cha and I met when we both worked on the newspaper and the television station and without Waubonsee Fabio (and Splenda) would not exist. Wow, has that place grown and changed. Anyway, Fabio is better (about 85% good). They are still not sure but they think he may have had mononucleosis and he was definitely dehydrated. He also had a temperature of a bit above 103. Yesterday he was back to 98.6 and seems to feel alright. He has another doctor's appointment next week - I know it is really just so they can get another $20 co-pay out of us but that is okay. It was probably worth that so he could get a doctor's note for work since he works in the deli at a grocery store at probably should not be around food if he is sick. This is the first time he has ever been sick and, when I took the note into his boss, she seemed concerned about him because she knew he must have been pretty sick.

Speaking of libraries our new library here in DeKalb is closed. I went to take back one of the books yesterday that I got done reading and I saw that they will now be closed until January 18th. That explains why my books are not due back until January 20th. Usually they are only loaned for 30 days but this was due in 60 days: I thought I was just special (yes, I know). I was able to drop the book in the new slot of the remodeled library. I would say that the new library is about three times the size of the old one. That is all pretty nice for a guy who still uses his library card.

I am just about ready to begin the writing process of my novel. I will begin by planning a tentative map/outline of where I want to go with the story. I know the map will change many, many times as I travel through the writing process before I reach the destination (the words THE END though I may use FINIS) but I need a map to get to where I hope to arrive. Just like any journey we make in our lives, however, there will always be obstacles and washed-out roads or paths and rockfalls and inclement weather but those are what, many times, make the journey more memorable and worth taking.

I got the holiday tree up this morning. We have always called it a Christmas tree but with all of the political rhetoric going on about refugees and Muslims I won't use that term this year. Unless this country shows me that we care about the huddled masses that almost all of our ancestors were I will not be in the true feeling of Christmas.

All of a sudden I have started to sweat and I feel light-headed and my chest aches and my feet and hands and elbows are tingling. I guess I had better finish this novel faster than I thought. The aforementioned phenomena only went on for about three or four minutes and now my arms and feet are still tingling and I am sweating a bit. I just got done exerting myself while carrying several loads of stuff upstairs and maybe that is all it is? I just told Jill that I thought I had turned a corner and was feeling better and JINX! Perhaps I am just fat and old (no maybes on those two) and I pushed myself too hard over the last few weeks. I have also been doing some health experimentation and perhaps I have a speed-bump in my own treatment. It could also be that I have been pushing myself kind of hard today and it just caught up with me. I also have been awake since about 02:00 and it is 13:45 right now. Maybe I should take a nap? If I do and don't awake please have Cha Cha to try the old Sleeping Beauty and Snow White treatment though it would be more like Napping Ugly and Sweaty Beige in my case I guess.

It has been a few minutes since I wrote that last paragraph and, other than still feeling tired I feel better. I think I may take a nap before I get the trash together; tomorrow is garbage day.

Thanks for stopping by today; sorry for the unexpected drama. I am pretty sure that I will blog again tomorrow though I do not promise that at this point. Have a great rest of your day. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment