Friday, December 11, 2015

Happy Irony Day or is it Just Coincidence Day?

Dr. Stephen Maturin from one of my favorite films of all time
As usual I have very little on my mind but I will blog anyway.

I think my neurologist is just throwing medicines at me to see what will stick. My investigation is that he gives me samples that the pharmaceutical reps give him. Is there money to be made in the medical community? I guess everyone is out for our money aren't they? It is a poor way to treat a problem and I am sick of it (pun intended). I have decided to choose which of the meds I will take and which I will not. I am being careful about it and will ignore no signs either one way or another. I began this procedure yesterday even though I do not know the wisdom of this decision. I am going to begin to think of my doctors as offensive and defensive coordinators and myself as the head coach (pun not intended but recognized and appreciated). He who would make a pun would pick a pocket.

Ha, ironies of ironies - I just got an email on my wristwatch from TruGreen that reads "last chance to save on ice melt." Is there green ice? Maybe a diamond? I suppose TruGreen Ice does have to keep the lights on when nobody is getting their lawns sprayed for bugs and fertilized... Are they called wristwatches anymore? I am talking about the one that counts my steps and takes my pulse... I guess we have wristcomputers now huh?
Dirty Laundry Podcast will be only three degrees from John Fogerty soon
Cha Cha took our new mixing board with her to work today. A lady that she works with is married to a chap that does a lot of professional recording and is going to help us to get the podcast up-and-running again. I do not want to do the show the way we did it before. We just had one studio microphone and the sound suffered from time-to-time I felt. This would allow everyone to have their own microphones. We went to a dinner party one night with the guy who is looking at it and earlier in the day of that party he had been working with one of John Fogerty's drummers, Kenny Aronoff, laying down some tracks. Aronoff is probably most known as John Cougar Mellencamp's drummer for close to 20 years. So, I suppose he guy looking at our set-up knows what he is doing quite a bit better than I do with a mixing board. Hopefully, soon I will know a bit more than I do know now though. Do you suppose the recording guy will want a photo of us to put on his wall with the other big recording artists he works with? We have worked with Emo Philips if that counts.

Another irony of today (or another coincidence) - I had the movie The Natural on in the background and, when it ended, Awakenings came on. Incidentally, also both very good films. It would have been much more ironic/coincidental if I were still writing the paragraph about the neurologist because, in this movie, Robin Williams plays a neurologist that helps people who are catatonic (fortunately I am not even close to that) "awaken." I am not sure if I can continue to find irony in this Freaky Friday but I will make a list and check it twice if I do and report back later (probably tomorrow). As this movie is going on I am finding many more ironies and coincidences - perhaps everything in the universe IS about me after-all. Spoiler alert - I don't think I ever suffered from encephalitis. Not in this life anyway. I have been told many times that I have what could be considered just the opposite of encephalitis. Supposedly, often times, that disease has mild flu-like symptoms and, for the past couple of months or so, I have had a problem with my left ear popping and hurting mainly when I yawn. I should try to yawn during the day or just quite yawning all together (did you just say " yawn?"). I have yawned three times since I first typed "yawn." Proving, once again, that I am weak-minded.

Okay, it's  a bit after noon already and I have some things I need to get done before my day really begins. Thank you for stopping in. I hope you have a great Friday. I think I will be able to blog tomorrow but it may be an abbreviated blog as I have a big weekend ahead of me and I hope you do too (and that it is all on the plus-side). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment