Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Welcome to Limboland

Proof that they exist and that CAT is a real word
Cat was not an acceptable word on Words With Friends for me last night. It was the first word so there was no problem with it. Tac, however, was acceptable. How come spellchecker is letting me type it here without incident? I had the same problem again this morning with the word The so I passed. I believe there is something wrong with this particular game because all of the other games I am playing work fine. I think I will win the game with the word Tac. And I wonder why I am crazy. 

Why are 200 boots on the ground considered 200 soldiers? Do we have that many one-footed soldiers? And, if they say we are sending 200 people why do they say they are sending 200 troops? When I was a kid a troop was a bunch of boy scouts or girl scouts. A troop could be ten or twenty kids.

I found some stuff that I wrote for the blog on November 26 that I did not publish. I will add it here in italics without re-reading it.

Last night Jill and I watched a show while we ate dinner. We had recorded Eddie Murphy receiving his Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at the Kennedy Center. I am not sure why they call it a prize rather than an award. Since it was on PBS I am assuming that it will show again. Eddie Murphy has to be one of the funniest people in the history of comedy (I believe that is since the beginning of time). If you get a chance to see it, and you like comedy, you will enjoy the show. A lot of really funny people honored Eddie and they show a lot of clips of him being hilarious in many different ways. He seems very humble for as much money as he has made for many people.
I have been listening to the news while I get ready for the big cooking and overeating day tomorrow. I am so tired of hearing the term "boots on the ground" when the news agencies and politicians talk about sending ground troops to a conflict or skirmish or a war. These boots that we put on the ground protect the feet of someone's mom or dad or cousin or son or daughter or friend... Do you think, by using the words "boots on the ground," that we will forget that you are sending people to fight and, possibly die for the freedoms and ways of life we have come accustomed to? I also think of the song Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival when I hear this term. The people who coined this phrase probably aren't having their loved-ones with boots on the ground unless they are going by choice - probably against their family's wishes.

Back to today from the past --- I think it is odd that I spoke about boots on the ground and I did that again today. I did not proofread the old stuff so I will not accept responsibility for any mistakes. Okay, I will accept the mistakes. That is one thing I am still good at - making mistakes.

We have snow on the ground again but, fortunately, there is none on the streets or sidewalks/driveways... It looks very nice in the trees and the bushes.

Sorry, I just had to leave for a bit to go get gas for Cha Cha's car while she got dressed for work. That is what gentlemen do for the people that they love.

I don't have to go back and see him until February. So, I am in state of limbo right now. I have volunteered at a couple of local charitable businesses and am waiting for them to call me back. I won't bore you with what he told me but it was not that bad. I still am not cleared to work overnights so I guess a job as the overnight deejay job in Chicago is out for now.

Thank you for coming by. Try to keep your boots off the ground today. Have a great day and bthankful that the snow is not on the roads in the MIDDLEwest. I hope you're as fortunate where you are. TTTT...MITM (oot) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment