Sunday, January 7, 2018

Llanfairpwllgyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch - not a typo!

It is Sunday and my three-day weekend is underway. I really do like having three-day weekends. I have been so tired after work every day this past week so I did not blog. I have been fighting-off a cold so I would come home and get a few things done and then just go to bed. I was still sleeping (seemingly) the same amount of time but I would wake-up and still feel tired. Hopefully, three days without being surrounded by other people with colds and flues and the the like.
The train stop in Llanfairpwllgyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Jill and I are still trying to figure out where to go for our thirtieth anniversary. I just added a new place to the list of possibilities for our trip - Llanfairpwllgyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch on the island of Anglesey near Northern Wales. The name of the town is Welsh word (yes, one word) that means "St.Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave." I want to get one of those stupid kitschy vacation shirts that reads, "I went on a vacation to Llanfairpwllgyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and all I got was this dumb T-shirt." I bet a shirt like that would start at sizes of XXXL and go only larger simply so the letters would all fit. Maybe they could write the name all the way around the shirt but then I'd have to twirl-around all the time so people could read it.The English language alphabet has far fewer letters.

We are finally taking the Christmas decorations down today. We're not the last ones in our neighborhood.
The house is not Roku-ready. I am happy that all of the news is available. Most of the shows that we have watched before we got off of that one grid and jumped onto another. There are also many things that we didn't watch before that we watch now. I would say that I make better (and less) show choices. I was always upset that DirecTv had (and still does as far as I know) so many stations/channels that I never watch and, I believe, that not very many people watched/watch/watched either. Who watches: GEM Shopping Network, Liquidation Channel, Viceland, QVC, Velocity, Jewelry Network, EVINE, Sale, UP, AXS TV...? I could keep going for about three or four more paragraphs but I think I make my point. Their advertisement campaigns talk about all of the channels they offer but, I bet, the average television-watcher watches only about 20 of the hundreds of channels that they are paying for. Ala cart is a much more efficient and non-predatory I believe. Remember, I have a Bachelors' Degree in Radio-Television and an Associates' Degree in Communications/Journalism so I am a faux-expert in this arena. Allegedly.

I am going to end because I am feeling kind weird and I am going to lie down for a bit (our longer if I feel like it). Thanks for stopping in. I will probably write again tomorrow regardless of how I feel. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment