Tuesday, January 23, 2018

How's it Bloggin', Eh?

I love to watch Canadian shows like Trailer Park Boys and SCTV (Second City Television) and the like because I am so entertained by the different words that they use for things that we have other words for in the new world like: a peeler bar is a strip club, a jumper is a sweater, trainers are tennis shoes... I bet they are entertained by the way we speak too. We do use a lot of the same words too like: flip flops are thongs (though a thong is also some of those under clothes with the dental floss going in the center crevice), a couch or sofa or overstuffed chair is a Chesterfield (I learned that one from The Barenaked Ladies' song "If I Had a Million Dollars" - great song). I am going to run to the supermarket or grocery store (the same words they use in Canada). I think turkey meatloaf is in order for dinner tonight. I just mix the ground turkey with a jar of giardiniera and bake away.

I am back from the supermarket and I have eaten lunch. I made the cardinal mistake of going to the grocery store while hungry. I am also now watching Trailer Park Boys Out of the Park - Europe on Netflix and eating too much. I have laughed out loud several times but I have a pretty immature sense of humor so I am not surprised. They were just in Norway and Sweden and Finland and are now in Amsterdam for the next two episodes. I put the groceries away while watching so I can feel that the last day of my weekend can seem slightly productive. It sounds like they are going to meet the members of the rock group RUSH in this episode. That is kind of weird since I heard, just a few days ago, that RUSH has decided to retire and quit the music business though no official statement has been made. But, guitarist Alex Lifeson made implications to the Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail to that effect a few four days ago. The band had been together in one form or another since 1968.
I feel like I need to continue with the Canadian theme and write about other things north of the border. I have been to Canada three or four times and I love everything about it. The people could not be nicer. I never intended to make this all about the neighbors that live in North America's attic but here I am. I feel like I need to balance the blog now and talk about Mexico. I am sad about the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) controversy. The people who were part of this program over the past are now facing, potentially, being sent to the countries that they may have never even been to before. Some of these people are children who were born here to parents who came here because of DACA. They have never even been to any other countries. This is, in my humble and liberal opinion, the worst and saddest part of this Presidential administration's agenda. I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but I know that this is not Christian. I have been to church in my life and I remember many words that touched me like, "suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the kingdom of God..." I may be off on some of that because I am very rusty on this part of history. Basically, as I see it, children are innocent and should not be turned way from love and safety and security. I would give my life to save even one single child. I am prepared to do that if ever a situation that requires that act occurs.

Today is Fabio's 21st birthday. He is a very nice young man and I am very proud of him as I am of Splenda. I like to believe that Jill and I have put them on paths of generosity and caring and love but, I know that they have made many choices for themselves throughout their lives that has actually put them on these paths. I could not be more proud of the kinds of people that they have both become. After that last paragraph and thinking about child citizens (some who are adults now) that may have to be sent to countries that they have never even known I get very sad.
 I sure am happy that early people thought to write things down 

I am going to end now and get a few more things done around the house before my work weeks begins again tomorrow, After work I have to run Cha Cha to the airport so she can go somewhere for work. I am sad to day that I cannot remember where she is going. I am happy, sometimes, that she does not read the blog. My memory only seems to hold so many things at a time these days and I have to pick and choose what to save and what to purge. She is very important to me and tomorrow I will know where she is going and when to pick her up. I am so happy that someone invented writing instruments and figured-out that trees could be turned into paper. The phones and computers are handy too. Thank you for stopping by. I am not sure that I will blog again tomorrow with the limo run to O'Hare but I will be back again soon. Thanks for stopping by - TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment