Sunday, January 14, 2018

Ground Control to Major Blog!

If there are more mistakes in today's blog that usual I am going to blame the space bar. My space bar is sticking (off-and-on) but I am going ride this computer until it dies in battle. I have a guy working on it right now.

My weekend is underway and, so far (meaning 12:40), I have done little to help mankind or even mattkind. I believe I am still on the verge of being sick and I still will not get the flu shot. People at work got that shot and they got sick. If I am gonna be sick it is going to be on my body's terms and not on my mind's bad decision's terms. My body can kick my mind's butt. What would be the butt of the brain? I suppose that would be the occipital lobe or maybe the cerebellum?

Tomorrow Jill is going Chicago tomorrow as she is going to work out of her Evanston office again ad she doesn't want to fight the morning commute traffic again so she is going to a hotel. I have been invited to go along and, since I do not have to go back to work until Wednesday I am seriously considering taking her up on that proposition. We can get Fabio to stay here and take care of Jeff. He will also be closer to his work (not by much).
I believe I have saved more that one so I have done my part
I have been watching Schindler's List off-and-on for the past three days. It is an amazing movie (and a better book) though it takes me on a sad roller coaster ride every time I watch and/or read it. I think I have seen it more than ten times (three times in the theater I believe) and I have the DVD and it is now on Netflix. I watch it for as long as I can take it and then I pause it and pick-it up again when I feel ready. For some reason it is effecting me even more than it had any of the previous times I have watched and read it. Is it because I am older? Is it because I am equating it (to a much lesser degree, of course) to what is going on with our current political climate and trying to remove people who have lived in this nation for many, many years? I have always seen things from a caring pair of eyes and felt things though a loving heart but now I am older and even more of a sensitive person I believe. I have never had a racist or prejudice bone or nerve in my body but maybe my MIDDLE-aged eyes are feeding my heart and feeling in a different manner now. I believe that is because I have always had friends from diverse religious backgrounds and ethnic make-ups and sexual orientations and philosophical backgrounds... I could not imagine disliking someone just because of their beliefs or the color of their skin or the way they talk or for any reason like that.  I know exactly what is going to happen in this movie but I still need to take a break and do some chores (laundry and dishes and blogging are my break this time) and get back to it when I can. Is part of it that I was born in Germany, and mainly Germanic and Irish in my heritage? I know that there have been atrocities between humans throughout the entire world from the moment that me slithered from the primordial soup (or ooze if you prefer). Or, maybe it was the Big Bang? I wish we would all receive out genetic backups and learn that we are all the same in different percentages of each thing. I do not foresee racism or sexism or any negative "ism" being completely done within my lifetime but I do hope that my descendants will see a day that people come together as on human race. All we can do is expose our feeling and beliefs on to our children and hope they know what is right in their hears and minds. After that, they can work on cheetahs and gazelles and such getting along with one another like they did in the Noah's Ark fables / stories.

I sure didn't plan on writing much of what I have typed so far but my fingers work faster than my mind these days so, I guess, my fingers are the bosses now. I better listen because I only have one mind but ten fingers. The mind is out-numbered and ill-equipped for that fight.

I will be right back because my clothes have just rang-out that they are ready to be launched to the dryer... Sorry that took so long I did not realize that there were clothes in the dryer that I would have to fold too.

It is 14:02 and I am still in my pajamas. I have done quite a bit around the house (inside the house) and I am already ready for bed. Weekends were not made for Michelob they are made so I could stay in my pajamas until I wake-up the next day and have a reason to get out of my pajamas. Does Anheiser-Busch still use the "weekends were made for Michelob" commercial anymore? I don't watch many commercials these days. This one has Charlie and one of his Angels in it.

I just now learned that The Post is playing in town now. I really want to see that movie. I heard that The White House recently requested a copy be sent to them. The film was in very limited release just a few weeks ago and maybe today we will go see it. Most of my adult life has been writing for various newspapers and magazines and a stupid blog... Jill and I even met working at our college newspaper where she worked in the entertainment / features department and I was the News Editor. I would bet that we will see that movie this afternoon.
FINALLY!
I am going to wrap-up now. I will probably blog again tomorrow whether again from Mattgarita Island or The City with Big Shoulders / The Windy City / Chi-Town / The City That Works / The Second City... It makes sense that a place like Chicago would have so many aliases since Scarface Al Capone was from there. I hope you have a great rest of your Sunday (It really feels like a Monday to me). TTTT (most likely)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment