Sunday, January 21, 2018

Government Shut-Down? I Hadn't Noticed!

While not being able to sleep last night I turned-on Netflix and watched a movie called Walt Before Mickey. It is the story about how Walt Disney got his start. It was not a biography-type of film even though it was a biography about Walt's start. I did not know that he was from Chicago. I grew-up on Disney movies so I loved this. When we were young my mom used to take my brother and I and our cousins Carrie and Michelle to see all of the new Disney movies in the theater. If the film is true to real life Walt Disney was juts as good of a man that most of us believed. I can really only speak for myself on this issue I suppose but on The Wonderful World of Disney every week on our televisions back in the day he introduced many of the shows and he, as I believed then and now, was a very kind and caring man. Of course, being a very nosy and investigative person, there were rumors that he was anti-Semitic and racist. It is said that he even attended meetings of a Nazi organization called the German American Bund (bund translates to federation). There are other things that further lead to his racism and anti-Semitic sentiments. I find this difficult to believe since Mickey Mouse was black. I do not wish to believe he was prejudice. But, if it is so, my wishes don't change anything. One other thing I found while researching Walt was that the last words that he ever wrote were "Kurt Russell" on a piece of paper. Nobody ever knew why he wrote Kurt Russell's name. Kurt Russell was even asked and he had no idea though Russell had just signed a lengthy contract with the Walt Disney Company. I think one of the great reasons to write is that it makes me want to investigate other things to add color (not Technicolor) to my writings. Am I thirsty for knowledge, nosy or both? Yes, yes and yes!

That reminds me that I did not tell you that my mom is out of the hospital and back at her nursing home place. I am really happy for this and I am hoping that she will be able to cope here and not go back to the hospital again.

Saturday, at work, I was having lots of issues with my breathing and weird feelings/auras. I hope that it is just the cold symptoms that I have been dealing with and nothing more serious to come. I have had auras off-and-on for a few years now and I can sort of control them now. Maybe my new found ability to remember my dreams (while sleeping) comes from this too? I am happy that I have the auras because it allows me time to control them with my breathing so they don't turn into something serious. I  am really happy that Jill and I went to the Buddhist Temple and learned the technique. It comes in handy for many thngs.

Why don't we see shooting stars like we did back in the day when I was a kid?

It is Monday morning now and Jeff and I are back from his yearly veterinarian visit. They said that the rabies vaccination would make him tired and they were correct. As soon as we got home he wen upstairs and went to sleep. He also got his heart-worm pills for the year. One thing that surprised me was that Blue Buffalo dog food, that we had been told by the vet was the best for dogs because there were no fillers and additives..., was bought-out by another company and now there are many additives that can make dogs sick... She gave me a list of foods that are good for dogs (for now anyway). The bill for the visit was over $300. And, since I took him to Kane County for his check-up I couldn't even get his rabies tag. I have some voucher/paper that we can take to the animal control place and get the county tag for our county. I am sure that will cost even more. Since Jeff is a helper dog and a herder (he is a really fantastic herder being a border collie and all) he should be able to get health insurance and get a break on all of these things. Is there dog health insurance? For proof of some of his herding you can go to Jeff Helser's Facebook page. He has a hard time with Twitter given the lack of opposable thumbs.
They'll get just as much done being closed-down

Hey, how about the government shut-down? They are not unprecedented in the U.S, and A. and this one did not surprise me. Reagan had three shut-downs, George H.W. Bush had one, Clinton had two, Obama had one... I am not sure of others but I imagine these aren't the only ones that we have had. I am sure Trump will have the best and biggest and most productive... shutdown in American history. 

Jeff is back down here and wanting to go outside. With the cold weather snapping the backyard is very muddy and there are small lakes gathering. I can have him go outside through the garage and, by doing that, a great deal of the mud will be off of his paws before he gets back in the house. We do not have any carpeting on the main floor of the house and the hardwood is much easier to clean. If he goes upstairs, however, we have a much different story. I guess I could block off the stairs. Maybe we should get one of those baby gates for days like these.
21 years ago today

I'll be right back to wrap this up but the microwave is telling me that lunch is ready and the clothes drier is telling that the clothes need to be folded. The clothes are now folded and I am letting the food cool a bit before I eat it. Jill and I took Noah out for dinner last night but today is his actual 21st birthday so I will send a text and see if he want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings or Eduardo's or someplace for his actual birthday. Hey, he can even have a been or a margarita if he wants now. Time goes so fast. I bet he won;t want to go because he dislikes to be the center of attention.

I am going to finish now and eat my lunch. Thank you for slowing down for a few minutes and stop here. I have tomorrow off of work too so I believe writing again tomorrow is in the cards. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment