Monday, March 13, 2017

Early To Blog...

I would have liked to have had a bowl of rice with Uncle Ben
Yesterday, daylight savings day, I did something for the first time that I believe I have ever done on daylight savings day. I have always heard that we should change batteries on that day. I changed the battery on the garage door keyless entry and I changed the battery on the front door keyless entry. They both needed changing and now they are changed. I also changed one of the light bulbs on/in the garage door opener. Those batteries had needed changing and the bulb must have been too but I didn't realize that until I had to re-program that code as the other bulb was/is still working. Sorry for all of the bad things I thought about you on this day on the past Benjamin Franklin. I can be angry at him because, as family legend has it, we are related to Uncle Great Great Great Cousin Stepfather-in-law Uncle Ben. I am not really sure how we are supposed to be related to him but maybe I will check that out when Cha Cha and I are on Ellis Island in May? He was supposed to have been a lady's man so I suppose I could be a tenth generation bastard or something.I have read that he was not allowed to write The Declaration of Independence as they other member of The Continental Congress thought he'd sprinkle it with subtle and hidden jokes - so that's where I got my sardonic wit.

I drank a lot of hot tea yesterday to help soothe my sore throat and slow down the constant scratchy coughing. Last night I went to stir the lemon and I grabbed a spoon from the drawer and I grabbed the, what I suppose is called. the tablespoon even though the TEAspoons were right next to them in the silverware caddie deal. I never real thought of the large spoons as tablespoons: I just thought of tablespoons as a unit of measurement. Thank goodness we don't have grapefruit spoons or I really would have been in a quandary.

This would minimize a few steps
I wrote those last two sentences last night after writing yesterday's blog which turns out to be beneficial. Now it is today (or tomorrow if you are still reading those last two paragraphs) and, so far, the time change sucks. My mom was taken to the hospital today because she fell at home and my dad could not get her up. She has some issues that she has been in the hospital for before with that, though they have not gone away, have been mostly manageable. So, I spent most of today with my mom and dad at Rush-Copley Hospital in Aurora. As soon as there is a bed available she will be transferred to the behavioral health part of Mercy Center Hospital where she was a year or two ago.

I am wiped-out so I am gonna end since I have to be on deck with my dad again tomorrow.. I have only had a small salad and some fruit today so I should eat and hit the rack. I am still coughing a great deal from a scratchy throat and I am still doing a lot of hot tea with honey and Ricolas. Cha Cha made some homemade chicken soup so, if I have some of that, I should be right as rain (whatever that means). I may or may not have tome to blog tomorrow - maybe I will take the computer with me because they seem to have great WiFi in the hospitals. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment