Monday, March 27, 2017

Creating My Own Irony

 Yes, I bought the cap because of the guy on the right! 
I hoped to have written Saturday or Sunday but today is Monday and I am just now finding making the time to write again. Saturday, when I got home from work, I was spent and then yesterday Jill wanted to go to Cherry Vale Mall in Rockford as she found something very specific that she had been looking for at a store in that particular mall so we went there. I lived in Rockford from the time that I came home from Germany until I was done with fourth grade and then we moved further east and bounced from town to town each year until I was in seventh grade to where my parents still live today. I wonder if my parents were on the lamb or something? Cherry Vale is much better that the mall that I hung-out at as a yute (Fox Valley Mall). Cha Cha got her stuff (after hours and hours) and I bought a Brooklyn Dodgers' cap. I have LOTS of caps but I did not have a Brooklyn cap until yesterday. He was the first ever MLB Rookie of the Year (eventually what became what the trophy is now called). However, there is so much more that he did after baseball to continue to fight for African-American rights.  An amazing and brave human being!

Today I met my dad over at a nursing home (assisted living with medical care) called The Grove of Fox Valley in Aurora. We were checking it out as a potential place from my mother to go as she cannot care for herself and my dad cannot care for here either. It was a very nice place and they have all of the types of care that she needs now and will, potentially, need as her condition continues to advance. After we discussed the payment procedures and saw the place I followed met my dad at their house where I met he lady (who lived next door to them who will watch my mom from time-to-time as my dad runs his errands and such. She seems to be a very nice lady. She went home after we got there and my dad went to get together all of the things that he will need in order for my mom to live at The Groves. It appears that medicare and medicaid will take care of most of tab. I hope she gets in before the federal government does something to foul-up those programs too. Anyway, mom ate her sandwich and drank her Coca-Cola and then I helped her to the living room where she sat and soon fell asleep. She is much better than the last time I saw her but her mind is still not functioning properly. I was really glad that she was not mean today as she had been many of the previous times I had been with them. When my dad left for the errands she asked me, "where did you brother and mother go?" I think she was thinking that their neighbor was my mom and my dad was my brother?

While I was waiting for my dad to arrive I sat in the parking lot and starting watching one of the DVDs I got from the library. Our JEEP has a DVD player built into the the sound system. It is kind of like the Batmobile (Mattmobile). You push a special button (I cannot divulge where it is) and the screen for the navigation system... opens-up and the slot to insert the DVD magically appears. Incidentally, movies cannot be watched while the vehicle is moving because watching movies while driving at high rates of speed could be hazardous to other citizens. Anyway, the movies I got from the library are: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Memento (I may have already told you that). So, I was sitting in the Mattmobile in the parking lot of a cuckoo's nest (partially) watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Sometimes I like to create my own irony. I only watched about 15 minutes of the film so, when I am done writing, I will probably watch the rest and then, maybe, start in on Memento.

While I was driving to my parents' house I noticed a campaign sign for a guy running for Road Commissioner (not Commissioner Gordon though I would vote for him) named Aaron Grosskopf. I definitely would vote for this dude if I lived over there because Grosskopf, if translated from German to English, mean Big Head. How do you let a dude with a big head (who, in turn, probably has a big brain) not win whatever he is running for? I can think of a Batman villain who had a big head though, now that I do think of it, that I would not vote for -  (Egghead). Now I have Batman stuck in my head and I am thinking about the show Feud (Bette and Joan) and Victor Buono (who played King Tut on Batman) is portrayed in the movie because he was in the film that the series is about (Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?). I did not realize he was homosexual . Times were much different back then so I suppose you tried to keep something like that under wraps. It is a shame that our country was that way but it is great that we have evolved so people could be who they want to be now.
Okay, I am going to end now because I have spent most of the day serving others and I am going to watch my movie now. Thank you, ever so much, for stopping by. I will keep you updated on my mom's new journey (ours' too I suppose). I hope you have a great rest of your day and night and, perhaps I will blog again tomorrow as that is my last weekend day for this week, I think I may actually get a day that I can do what I want to do for a change. I just have to figure out what I might want to do tomorrow - open for suggestions. TTTT (most possibly)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment