Monday, March 20, 2017

Dear Prudence

My mother is going home from the hospital tomorrow afternoon. I feel that is a huge mistake and it
could have, potentially, a very bad outcome. I have little say in the matter but I have expressed my concerns to the main decision-maker(s) to no avail. I will continue to be a thorn so that, regardless of the outcome, I will have a clear conscience. My input seems to just throw napalm on this fire yet I have to know that I did my very best to stave-off any potential disasters. I am not sure if this decision to just let her go home is coming from denial or financial reasons or sentimentality or what. Believe me, there is nothing that I would like more than to see my mom well and at home without the fear of harm to herself or others. But, how does one go from "late stages of dementia" one day to "going home tomorrow." I suppose it is possible but my dad says she seems about the same as yesterday when I saw her. I will continue to push what I believe to be proper and prudent until she is released. I have a few other theories in my mind but, though I have discussed my theories with my closest confidant, I am not very optimistic that my hopes and wishes will be heeded.

While I am typing this (and while I cleaned-out my closet before starting this) I have had CNN on with the Russian Intel Hearings being held. I feel that many of the people testifying and examining feel a bit like I feel. There is a "big gray cloud" over our country (as there is over my family and my general outlook) right now. At least with the Russia/Trump situation there is a criminal investigation going on.

I know I sound like a broken record but I suppose what is on our minds most is what we talk about (and blog about) most. Just took a break to make some egg salad and clean the kitchen, Clean as you go is always the most efficient way I feel. I do lead a very exciting life I must say. I would make such a great spy as boring as I am - no one would ever suspect me as being a spy. And, writing here that I am a spy would really throw people off the scent. Who would say that he was a spy in a blog read by millions thousands hundreds dozens just you and I if he were really a spy?

I better go down and start another load of laundry. Tomorrow is my Sunday and then back to work on Wednesday. Hopefully, I will feel better and mom will be doing well at home but doubt that both will come to fruition that soon. If I could have just one I would hope for mom to be doing well and me still having this cough, scratchy throat and constant congestion. I will try to blog again tomorrow but I am not sure if that will happen. It sounds like Fabio may go with me to see my mom this afternoon (if 18:00 is considered afternoon as it is after noon). Thanks for letting me ramble about barely anything. I am going to start another load of wash and then maybe take a power-nap.  Have a great rest of your day/night and perhaps my path will cross yours again tomorrow. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment