Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Whistle Wishes it Were this Clean

I just got done taking my third shower in less than fifteen hours. It's funny how you don't smell any better after three showers than you do after one. Do you suppose you're cleaner after three or are you either clean or not clean? I took a shower last night before going to work, I took one after working-out this morning and then I just now gone done taking the third after mowing the lawn and working on the boat in the very hot weather that finally arrived. Where do you suppose that phrase "clean as a whistle" comes from? I was really happy that the boat motor, once I charged the battery for a couple of days, fired right up. I love the sound of that Chevy 350 engine. Maybe we should drop that engine in the Fiat. There would have to be several modifications as I think the motor weighs more than the Fiat.

For the people in my part of the MIDDLEwest I apologize for the weather tomorrow. Fabio and I have tickets to the Kane County Cougars' game tomorrow night. The last time we had tickets to the Cougars' game there was a tornado and some very terrible weather in these parts and that game was cancelled. They are talking heat of around 100 degrees and a chance of rain. The Cougars are playing the Great Lakes Loons. I think it's straight jacket night.

I am sleepy. I am also dopey, sometimes grumpy, rarely bashful, doc on occasion, sneezy a lot this time of year and happy just about all of the time. But for now - I am really just sleepy. I focused my work-out this morning mostly on my core, my legs and my endurance. I wanted to give my arms a rest because I have always heard that you have to let the torn muscles come back a bit before you tear them again so they can grow. The aching has subsided a bit too so tomorrow morning I can tear my biceps and triceps again.

I have some funny things to talk about but we are recording Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight and I plan most of that for the show - I prefer not to be a media double-dipper. Sometimes it happens but I try to avoid it if I am cognoscente. Whore, yes. Double-dipper - no! In the meantime the newest show (Load #118) has only been up since Sunday so you may or may not have heard that one yet. It's also available free on iTunes if I have only mentioned it 999,999 times. Just search Dirty Laundry Podcast. I think I may start launching them on Sundays from here on out.

I think I have to wrap up. Do you think they have WiFi at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, home of the Kane County Cougars? I just went to their website and they figure that they will reach their 10,000,000th fan entering the ballpark during this current home-stand. Fabio is one of the luckiest people I know so he will probably be # 10,000,000. The 10,000,000th fan will get: to throw out the first pitch, a #10 jersey (Fabio already has an autographed Cougars' jersey that he won as we walked by Ryne Sandburg in the dugout and on the field), an autographed team bat, a "customized" 10-game ticket package for 2014 and get "recognized" after the game - whatever that means. SHOW ME THE MONEY! I still don't know about WiFi but tomorrow night is "Bark In The Park" where people can bring their dogs. We are not going to bring Maisy. 100 degrees? She'd hate it.
How many Cubs games am I gonna see this year? Cripes!

I am gonna nap now so I can be my usual charming and pleasant Agitator when Cha Cha gets home. Have a great night; stay cool. I thank you, as always, for stopping in. If you're gonna be at the game tomorrow we are in section 106, row C, seats 1 and 2, Come on down and I will buy you a beverage. *Limited to the first three visitors. Tornadoes void all beverages* TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment