Monday, July 8, 2013

X-Rated Blog!

Happy Monday!!!! I love Mondays!

I am going to the Cubs' game in two days. I enjoy Wrigley Field and even though my Cardinals (yes, they are MY Cardinals) won't be there Albert Pujols will be there and he's a pretty good player. Also there will be Josh Hamilton. I have seen both of them play a couple of times but they were both in different uniforms then. I probably won't root for anyone. I will be there for the beer and the ambiance. I am going with my very good friend with benefits Greg Weindorf. Thankfully, sex is not one of the benefits. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Greg will be rooting for the Cubs. Not that there's not anything wrong with that. We are probably going to take the train. I have never taken the train to a Cubs' game before - seems very metropolitan to me (not a Mets reference though that seems trainy too though I tend to think more of the Yankees than the Mets when I think train). It's a night game and we are heading down early to do the whole Wrigleyville bar thing - another great reason not to drive. I may wear my Montreal Expos' cap. Let me know if you're gonna be down there and we'll let you buy us a couple of beers. You'll have great stories to tell your grandchildren.

The other night a guy got hit by a train in my MIDDLEwestern town (yes, it is MY town). People getting hit by trains in MY town happens much more often than you might think. What doesn't happen that often is that he lived and only received a fractured forearm. I hope they took some of his blood. I smell one of the X-Men here. If you know this dude have him get ahold of me. I'd love to have a dude who lived through being struck by a train on Dirty Laundry Podcast. Hey, if the episode stunk he could say he lived through two train wrecks. We are going to record the new podcast tomorrow night it appears. You're as lucky as a dude who lives through being hit by a train.

I heard that Mulder and Scully are going to be together at Comi-Con this year. That's pretty cool. I wish I were in San Diego. I doubt that I would go to Comi-Con - I just like San Diego. X-Men and X-Files - this has turned into an X-rated blog today.

You know what one week from today is don't you? Twinkies will be back on store shelves. Do you think this was just a huge marketing ploy? I don't think I have EVER seen this much hype for a snack cake. With the movement in the world, America at least, for healthy eating and good nutrition this could be a way to promote poor food and get A BUNCH of free media coverage. There are probably idiots all over the world reporting and blogging and talking about the sponge cakes' return. I am getting hungry for a Twinkie just writing this and I don't think I have had a Twinkie in maybe twenty years. And, who decided to make their mascot a cowboy?

I gotta get some stuff done before I head to work. Have a great Monnight. Thanks, as always, for stopping in. I will let you know when the podcast is ready. I am sure I will blog again tomorrow. Well, I am not SURE but I think I will. I am not 100% sure of very many things really. Maybe about twenty or thirty things but this is not one of them. TTTT...MITM (smiling for Monday) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment