Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Blog of July!

               John Rzeznik Goo Gooing It Up 
What a great time last night. This was the first time I have been to Ravinia Music Festival and it is a great venue. It's kind of like a huge block party or a giant tailgate party with Matchbox Twenty and The Goo Goo Dolls sprinkled in there. And last night there were many sprinkles sprinkled in there but I have never sweated things like that; those are the things that add spice and flavor to the stories and memories for me. One of my best times I can remember in my adult life occurred in hard rain and it was just now two months shy of being twenty years ago. Not Matchbox Twenty years ago but calendar twenty years ago. It is not completely 100% accurate to say that I have never been there before because I was right across the street a couple of times and never even knew it. I have been to the Chicago Botanic Garden and Ravinia is hidden behind a bunch of houses almost directly across the street. Ravinia even uses CBG's parking lot for overflow parking for sold-out shows like last night's.

Today is The U.S. of America's birthday by most accounts. There, of course as there is with everything, debate on if this is really U.S.A.'s birthday but I am sure someone as old as America doesn't really care even if it remembers the exact birth date either just as long as we remember her once a year. Happy birthday youngster. 237 is pretty young as far as counties go in this world. We were given the option of taking tonight off without having to use a vacation day but I decided to work. I took the last holiday off when we got this option (Memorial Day). I will work tonight and also get paid for holiday pay. I wouldn't do anything else tonight anyway so may as well bank some coin. I cannot believe how hip I am after last night's concert. Do they still use words like hip or does using that word make me not hip - I think that was rhetorical.

We got home about 03:00 (I must be lonely) and I got up at 09:00. I will definitely have to take a nap in before work. I just hung up the second hammock and it's a pretty nice day but I am afraid the sounds of: lawnmowers, people splashing in the pool and screaming next door and the birds chirping all over our backyard would give me problems. I guess I could stick Roz in my ears? Decisions, decisions.

The sign wasn't really that clear to me
I added some photos of last night's concert on my Facebook page if you're interested. That sign that said "no cameras or audio/video equipment" didn't applied to me. I am uploading a video now too but it is taking a long time. I should have plugged into the Ethernet I suppose because the Wifi takes longer than it should sometimes. I have lots more photos and videos that I may post at another time but nobody else generally cares about too much of that sort of thing I have found. It's more so next week I can remember what I did last week.

I think I am going to get a few winks and then Cha Cha and I will get something to eat before I go to work. I bet our choices will be somewhat limited given the birthday festivities tonight. Enjoy the rest of you day and your fireworks tonight (either literal or figurative). Thanks a lot for stopping in. TTTT (most likely)...MITM (tea partying out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment