Saturday, July 6, 2013

Not My First Producing Job!

The venue is booked (pictured above)
I have to be at work in a little over two hours so I can write a short blog.

Cha Cha and I went to The Hillside restaurant today to discuss the catering of the food for Splenda's wedding. We are kind of like general contractors and Splenda is our boss. A couple of weeks ago we booked the venue. Maybe general contractor is a poor analogy because we are the ones paying too. We are more like producers and Splenda is the star of our upcoming feature to be released in May. Cha Cha seems to be working around the clock on the wedding. At least while she is not sleeping and/or working. She's a great mom and and a task-master and wants this to be perfect for Splenda. Task-master is a compliment by the way.

After we met about the menu we were hungry so we went for lunch. On the way to eat we decided to stop at one of the local supermarkets in hopes that they had wine tasting; they usually have them most weekends. They did and so did we. Then we went to lunch. We went to Sycamore to Taxco Mexican restaurant. For some reason, while we were there, Cha Cha started asking me to say things in German. I think it started when the people at the table behind Cha Cha were speaking very loudly and she mentioned that I should teach her German so we could talk and nobody around us would know what we were talking about. There was a couple and a small child behind me and when they left, as the man was walking by our table to leave, he said to me in German have a nice day. I laughed and as he spoke and I said to him guten tag mein freundin to which he said danke shon and I said bitte shon. By the time he had reached the door we were both almost shouting and we were both laughing. I bet people don't come to a Mexican restaurant in Sycamore, Illinois and hear to guys speaking German too often. I knew six years of German would come in handy one day. This isn't exactly what I had imagined but it works.
Dirty Laundry Podcast goes back into production this week. I am happy with that. I really miss doing the show. Maybe it will be less aggravating with the new computer that will be used exclusively for the show. We had outgrown what we were doing and it probably won't be long before we outgrow this next phase too but we want to grow the show and there are pains with growth. There are going to be some changes with the show but nothing major. Stay tuned for more details.

Time flew and I have to get ready for work. Still no word on the boat. Three more days and it is my next move. Have a great Saturnight. I don't know if I will blog tomorrow but I am sure you will live without it. If not have a great rest of your weekend. Thanks, as always, for stopping in. TTT?...MITM (aus) YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment