Monday, July 15, 2013

Anytime Blogness!

The George Zimmerman murder trial is over. We live in a country where we are "innocent until proven guilty" so, even though I don't agree with the verdict, I believe in the afore mentioned principle so I accept the decision. The information we hear in the press isn't always heard in the courtroom for many reasons. I know the press in our country has to fill 24 hours each day of news so I know there is a lot of innuendo and conjecture in what they say and it is up to the court to decide what is admissible. I am sure there will be appeals and I have heard (in the press that I just mentioned) that people are trying to figure out how to try this case federally for a race crime now. For now I accept the decision because that is one of the principles that our lives in this country are based on. I will wait to ignore the book that will now make George Zimmerman millions of dollars until I change my mind. If you want to kill someone without penalty move to Florida.

Cha Cha and I have joined a new fitness club near our home. I was going to say health club but I am not sure if that is even a term anymore and I am not sure what constitutes the "health" part. Anyway, we joined Anytime Fitness. It is exactly what it sounds like - any time. It is open 24 hours a day around the calendar (trademark/copyright). This morning I got home from work and she was already dressed to go to work-out. We worked-out yesterday and today and hope to continue every day. We were there for an hour today and 1 1/2 hours yesterday. It is great right now but it is brand new; even all people are great when they are brand new. It kind of looks like a terrarium. It is very bright and mostly ceiling to floor windows. When we have been there it was early both days and the bright morning sun was beating in the East windows and we had to start our work-outs on the bikes, treadmills...wearing our sunglasses. I guess sweating helps but I cannot tell whether I am sweating from the magnified sun or the workout or both. Hopefully they will get some blinds up there soon. The things that ache the most on me are my triceps. I love that ache. I also notice that working-out regularly always makes me more conscious of my diet too so maybe I will get some of this weight that has been creeping back on again off. As I type this I discover that my forearms are aching too - love it!

After a hiatus (almost giving-up) Dirty Laundry Podcast is back. Cha Cha says it's very good but I have not listened to the final product in it's whole yet. I edited it and that requires listening in bits and pieces and I usually wait to listen to the entire show for a couple of days so I can be divorced from all of the stress and aggravation of assembling all of the pieces into the final product. If it sucked Cha Cha would say so though. Tomorrow we record another show already - yikes.

I just got back from taking Fabio over to Target so he could apply for a job. We then stopped at Portillo's where I got the grilled tuna Caesar salad. I am using Paul Newman's Own Lite Raspberry and Walnut dressing rather than the Caesar dressing. Fabio said he might like to apply at Portillo's too. This will be his first job - ah, to be 16 again.

This morning when I came home from work there were cans of Arizona Iced Tea and Skittles' wrappers neatly wrapped around the base of our Neighborhood Watch sign at the front of our subdivision. Whoever did that is very, very clever and poignant and topical. Was it aimed at our Neighborhood Watch? Was it some kind of an agitator? Was it simply an honorarium for Trayvon Martin? I should have taken a photo I guess but then, when I put it on Facebook, people would think that I did it and I cannot accept credit for something this brilliant. Well done!

I have to try to take a nap before work. Thanks for stopping in and listening to the podcast. Have a great Friday Monday night. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment