Friday, July 5, 2013

Jerks and Racists! Intolerant of Intolerance.

I cannot even believe it's Tuesday already. I was kind of dreading work tonight for fear of boredom but things changed and I switched my assignment to one that will be a bit more exciting. Some people prefer boredom I think which was why I could switch. What's boring to one is not boring to another always. I am glad everyone is different because if everyone were like me I would be lonely; I am pretty sure that I would drive me crazy sometimes if I knew me. This is probably your Friday so congratulations to you! You may even have today off with your holiday yesterday. Even though I worked Cha Cha and I got to go out for dinner before I went in to work. It was nice because the rest of the country was sitting waiting for dark so they could see fire in the sky so it was a fairly quiet dinner. I had a great jerk chicken salad - we are what you eat. There was an Asian couple there and a Russian girl for sure - makes senses. We were the huddled Mattses.

Did you hear about that ding dong who is on Big Brother who got fired from her real job of five years because of her comments on the stupid show. The only time I have ever seen anything to do with Big Brother was when Jimmy Hughes was on the show on Yes, Dear. I wish reality television death soon. I do like Survivor for some reason. I believe it is my travelling heart and I love to see all of the locales, customs, people and animals... from other countries. I liked The Amazing Race for the same reason but I am done with that show because it is always pushed back by football and then the DVR records like 45 minutes (3/4) of 60 Minutes and then ten to fifteen minutes of The Amazing Race. Anyway, digression being done, GinaMarie Zimmerman (yes, GinaMarie is one word) is was a pageant coordinator for East Coast USA Pageants, Inc. until her racist comments from the show were heard by her bosses. She said that "welfare is just nigger insurance"among other things. I am sure she will be able to get a job at Southern USA Pageants, Inc. if there is such a thing. I bet Paula Dean could be a judge there. I would have said KKK Pageants, Inc. but it's hard to judge models when they are all covered in sheets. It always amazes me when I hear of racism like this still exists. Maybe "amazes" is the wrong word. Saddens me is more what I mean. I think I have friends from almost every: religion, race, sexual orientation, creed... on the planet and I just cannot wrap my head around this kind of ignorance and hatred.
I called to get our boat out of storage last week and the dude said that he would figure out what the storage fee was and give me a call back. I have not heard back from him. Should I be concerned? Maybe someone stole my boat or he had a fire or something. I will give him until Tuesday and then call him again or maybe just show up at his house a couple of towns over. He insists on cash for the storage so I am guessing he doesn't report it as income (that's between him and the Internal Revenue Service) so I always have that card up my sleeve if I need to play it. I am sure you know by now if you know me or listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast (returning very soon) or are a regular Matt In The Middle reader that I have an active imagination and ALWAYS over-think everything. Probably why I am on blood pressure meds. I have always tried to look three moves ahead in life like I do when playing chess. More on this later one way or another. Maybe he is just busy but the decent weather is now here and who knows how long it will last given the recent weather in the MIDDLEwest.

Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you have a great rest of your Friday and a super Frinight. I think I need to calm down; I got myself fired-up with those last two paragraphs. I am very intolerant of intolerance. Don't worry the irony is not lost on me. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment