Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Take Me Out To The Blog Game

Happy Saturday everybody; it's funny how I am never as tired as usual on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (my Saturdays and Sundays). I am sure it is pretty much the same for everybody .

I just watched Lou Brock get a nice hit off of Nolan Ryan (I forgot Ryan played for the California Angels at one time). Tonight is the MLB All-Star Game so MLB Network is playing past all-star game highlight shows with Mel Allen doing the play-by-play. I just watched the 1978 all-star game and now the 1979 game is playing. That was about when I was 15 and 16 and when I loved baseball the most. I like when the all-stars wore their own teams' jerseys. I figure they must have come up with the all-star jersey idea to sell more merchandise and make more money off of the fans. I forgot about the White Sox' ugly uniforms in 1978 and 1979. Now youngster Gary Carter of the Montreal Expos is up followed by the Phillies' Pete Rose. And now The San Diego Super Chicken is screwing around. This is cool but it kinda makes me sad what professional sports have become. Wow, this is also the year that the Cubs had those ugly powder blue uniforms with royal blue pin-stripes; some things have gotten better in professional baseball.

Tonight we record the Dirty Laundry Podcast. I don't know what we will talk about but that never seems to stop us.
Tomorrow we are going to Six Flags Great America. One of Fabio's best friends as a yute and his family moved to Oregon (the state, not the Illinois town) a couple of years ago and he is visiting us this week. His family gave him a dream vacation for Christmas. How cool is it that someone gets a week vacation for a Christmas gift and you are the gift? He lived right across the street from us so it must be weird to look at the house you spent most of you life in right across the street. He and Fabio are having a great time. I had hoped to get him to a Chicago White Sox game because he is a huge Sox' fan but with the all-star break there are no games going on. Wow, right as I am typing this the 1980 All-Star game is starting - the weird thing about that is that they just talked to Baltimore Orioles' pitcher Steve Stone (he is now the White Sox announcer). In addition to the three of us a couple of their other friends are going and Splenda, just back from California, is going too so I don't look like a creeper going on rides all by myself. I am good at being a creeper though  I am told.

I must be tired because I don't have anything else on my mind. I had better go back to sleep for a few hours before we record the podcast or it is going to be a very boring show (keep your comments to yourself). I probably will not get a chance to blog tomorrow because of Six Flags Great America. I guess you'll just have to listen to the podcast instead. Thank you for stopping by and have a nice Wedsnight. TTT the podcast...MITM (out) Hey, I forgot there was a Ken Griffey Sr.


No comments:

Post a Comment