Thursday, July 12, 2012

Maybe I am a Real- Life Super Hero? Maybe You are Too!

The photo may be blurry because of the speed and the twists
Yesterday at Six Flags Great America was great fun. It was very expensive but spending the day with your kids is always worth most any price. It only took us an hour to get there because I know a really fast way there the fast way is to go right after morning rush hour is over and then drive 80 - 85 miles per hour except in construction zones where it is wise to follow the mandated speed limits.We got there at about 10:30 and Splenda and I went our way and Fabio and his two buddies did there thing and we pre-decided to meet back at the park entrance at 5PM to leave the park and go for dinner. Splenda and I did every one of the roller coasters or whatever they are called these days. The first ride we did was V2 (Vertical Velocity) which I think is one of the newest of the rides. We also rode X Flight which I think is the newest of the rides. The coolest thing about this one was when the ride came to an end my vision was all blurred; I thought that maybe it was because I has forgotten to take my blood pressure medicine that morning but it turned out Splenda's vision was blurred too. It was because we were going so fast and twisting and looping so much that our brain hadn't been able to adjust our eyes back to the slowed/stopped position. It kinda made me thing of what test pilots must have to go through but I imagine they can slow down slowly most of the time and we had to stop immediately so others could get on the ride. My favorite ride of the day was Superman: Ultimate Flight. I had been on it before when it was brand new but this time we were in the front row; if you go on this ride it is worth the wait to be in the front. I actually felt like I was flying. I am one of those dorky dads that sticks his arms out in front of me to try to simulate Superman's flying style. Splenda had her arms out too and it was great!!! What else did we do?: Raging Bull, Batman, The Dark Knight Coaster, Logger's Run, Raging Rapids,  Yankee Clipper and Rue Le Dodge (bumper cars).

We went to dinner at Chili's and, surprisingly, the boys had had enough of Great America so we went to Gurnee Mills Mall and everybody seemed to like that just as much as Great America. I should just have taken the money we spent at Great America and divided it evenly among the five of us to go shopping and I think they all would have been just as happy. All that and we were back home by 9:30ish. The same, wait until rush-hour traffic and other MITM rules apply.
maybe worth the money?
While we were at the park yesterday my cell phone ceased to work. Was it because it got wet on water rides? NO!!!! I am a savvy amusement parker and I had brought along a box of zip-lock bags and divvied them out amongst our landing party. I kept all of my stuff in one of the bags and Velcroed securely in my cargo shorts. Dry as a bone in the desert in Mid August! I figured it must be dead. When I got home I threw it on the charger for 15 hours and it was still dead this morning. I took it over to the T-Mobile store and was told that it is a problem that is occurring with my particular model. They tried their battery and that didn't work either. It is still under warranty and it is a problem with this phone yet I still have to pay $20 to get a new phone and an additionally $20 more if I want it overnighted. I was not in a mood to fight, which is very unusual for me in these situations, but I am guessing I am probably going to strategize and build my troops and this war is not over - I just have chosen to fight this battle at a later date maybe when I am on neutral ground and they do not have the tactical advantage. I guess they need a lot of my money to pay that hot chick and her new motorcycle for their commercials.

The reason that I didn't feel like going to battle may have had something to the night before we went to the amusement park I had stayed up until 2AM getting the Dirty Laundry Podcast edited and uploaded because I knew I would not have time to do it yesterday with the amusement/mall day. I am still a little tired now and will probably take a nap after I get this posted because I have to work tonight.
Six Flags Great America knew we were coming!!!
I don't really know what's going on in the world today or yesterday so I guess I will stop here for today. Thanks a lot for taking the time to stop by; it always makes me smile. I hope you have a great Thursafternoon and Thursnight and I may blog again tomorrow. Please listen to the podcast and like us on Facebook (Dirty Laundry Podcast on Facebook). I said Please!!!! TTTT?...MITM (still slightly velocitized from rides without meds) TA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment