Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cliffs Notes of Dead Celebrities

I cannot sleep so of all the things I could do I choose to blog to you. We recorded the podcast a couple of hours ago and I could go back down to the studio and edit it but that can wait until morning. It's gonna make blogging tough though because everything I think I would blog about we talked about on the show. Maybe next week I will write the blog at the same time we are recording the podcast. I wonder if that's ever been done? I could make the blog that day kind of Cliffs Notes for the week's Dirty Laundry Podcast. I just checked and Cliff's Notes are named after Cliff Hillegass "invented" them in Nebraska in 1958: there's something we didn't talk about on the podcast.

Fabio and I went to see Dark Knight Rises yesterday (Tuesday). We went to Batavia to see it in IMATT IMAX. Every time I see a film in IMAX I promise myself that I will never watch a  film any other way but not all movies are on that formatt format and there isn't an IMAX real close to us. We talk about the movie on the podcast but I wanted to let you know that if you are on the fence about seeing it get off the fence and go - it is really good. Supposedly, this was Christian Bale's last Batman film but I guarantee  that there will be more Mattman Batman films

I just read that Chad Everett died at 75. You fellow MIDDLERS will remember him from the 1970's television show Medical Center. Those were the days when we all had one television (a lot of times black and white) and only three or four channels to choose from so most of us laid in front of the television on the floor and watched whatever our parents were watching. For some reason I think Medical Center was on the same night as Emergency and maybe Adam-12 too? Times sure have changed.

As long as I'm on the dead celebrities portion of the blog  Sherman Helmsley also died - he was 74. I also remember watching him as a kid, a few years later, as Archie Bunker's neighbor George Jefferson on All In The Family and then, of course, on The Jefferson's. You sure would have a hard time making those shows today unless you were Tyler Perry. Not everybody know's this but George and Weezie bought the Banks' home on the last episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Aire

Also recently dead are: astronaut/physicist Sally Ride and Mouseketeer and Disney movie voice actress Ginny Tyler. I guess this is why I usually don't blog at night. Night means doom and gloom it seems.

I am getting tired so I think I will hang it up. I will blog again tomorrow because tomorrow is my Sunday (actually it is today now I guess since it is 2:00AM).

Thank you for stopping in and I will blog more upbeat next. I will also have the podcast up by then . Have a great whatever time it is when you read this (morning, day, night, afternoon...). I really do appreciate you reading this so I feel like I have a reason to write. TTTT (or later today actually)...TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment