Friday, July 6, 2012

Seriously? Green Urine?

I would say the worse I got was like #5 (what is #8?)
I am pretty sure I am getting prepped for the afterlife. Two week's ago I was in Texas where the stars at night shine at night just to kept a simmer for the sun all night so the day could get to a rolling boil quicker and now last night I walked about 15 miles outside in temperatures that felt like over 100 with something like 236% humidity. I was happy that my sunburn from Texas had turned to a nice golden-brown but then last night while I sweated for 8 hours straight little sweat bubbles appeared on my forearms. Apparently my skin was sweating under my tan and it was clear that my tan was gonna peel off. Luckily, so far, the bubbles have subsided and I have not peeled. I think my body was so dehydrated that it needed that moisture to remain hydrated and sucked it back in. I stopped and went to the washroom a couple of times last night and one of the places I went was an athletic facility so as I stood at the urinal, relishing the air conditioning for a few moments, I studied the sign above (I have always loved when they put up reading material so I am not bored) that showed what color urine should be at various points of hydration. I was pretty well hydrated. Later on in the evening, maybe three hours later after a large beverage and a lot more walking in the heat and humidity, I stopped at a different place to make my bladder gladder and my color had changed to almost completely mustard yellow - bordering on Dijon. It is remarkable how quickly one can become dehydrated. I guess I am trying to say if you are outside in anything like the Middlewestern heat we are experiencing keep fluids flowing in. Today and tomorrow here the temperatures are supposed to be over 100 degrees and it will feel like around 115 degrees; that's why you're inside reading this blog and not out mowing your lawn brown patches of straw.

That reminds me of when I was a kid and we went on a family vacation to California. My dad's Aunt Ruth lived in California so we stopped to visit her while were out there. There was some kind of a water shortage or a water conservation effort of sometime and every time one of us would go to the bathroom she would say, "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." I have remembered that for over 30 years; marketing gold! (more ways than one)

If you lived on the sun could you get an Earth burn or an Earth tan?
ironic since it's blurry
 I have always been a cardigan (sweater) and this morning when I got home from work, out of curiosity, I weighed myself and found that I had lost four pounds since going to work nine hours earlier. That reminded me of the film Vision Quest where Lowden Swain (Matthew Modine) had to make himself sweat to make weight for a wrestling meet. I quickly regained three of the four pounds by drinking a liter (or litre) of water. At least I still lost a pound walking 15 miles.

Yesterday I received in the mail the new license plates for the Fiat. Cha Cha doesn't even know we have them but I put them on the car and she will find out eventually - she doesn't read the blog, because she doesn't like me as much as you do, so she won't read it here. Anyway, I got the environmental plates and her new plates read "EXIST." I looked-up what Fiat translated to in English and it means "to be" or "to exist." so I thought that was pretty cool - she may hate it but que sera sera. They are light green, almost the same color of the car, and they have a red Cardinal on them (not only is the Cardinal the state bird of Illinois it also happens to be the namesake of the current World Champions in Major League Baseball and our family's MLB team of choice - my fault).

I think I am going to try to garb forty winks. Where does that expression come from? Is it because the night was called a fortnight at one point? If I take a short nap will that only be twenty winks? I will probably actually take a Benadryl or two and take eighty or ninety winks. I am not sure if I will blog tomorrow but make sure if you need a Matt-fix, who doesn't, listen to the Dirty Laundry Podcast. I have done quite a bit of brain-storming and note-taking on my story idea from yesterday - hopefully I will not hit a road block and become discouraged; eventually I will have to start writing something and I will finally know that this is the one. I have so many screen plays and books started that I lost interest in that when I die somebody will probably find these ideas/beginnings of stories and win a Pulitzer or an Oscar or something...you're welcome future generations!!!! Thanks for stopping-in to read my heat-stroked, dehydrated rantings. TTT?....MITM (out to hydrate and wink). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment