Thursday, June 21, 2012

Swedish Pissed

I am sitting at the FIAT dealership in Schaumburg and they have pissed me off yet again. This is our second of three "free" services (oil changes). I drove over an hour to use $25.00 worth of fuel to get a $19.00 oil change. There is an issue with the car which is why I came to the dealership . By the way, it is Zeigler Chrysler, Fiat, Dodge whatever else. The molding above the driver's door has become slightly separated separating. Of course, their Fiat guys are all in training today. I did not call ahead because the last time I called before coming they made me feel like an idiot for calling telling me that I do not need to call. I spoke to the head of service last time and he sent a check for $30.00 for our fuel. I will never buy another new car that isn't within 15 minutes of my house if there is any kind of warranty attached. I do enjoy driving the car and I am going to IKEA when I am done to look for a world map for the new Dirty Laundry Podcast studio (Kajunkles Studio). I am starting to think they should get a guy named Tony working at Zeigler - since FIAT, I am told, stands for Fix It Again Tony. I remember all of the sayings what Ford stood for too back in the day - Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, F'd Over Rebuild Dodge...

Tonight Cha Cha and I are meeting MADYM down at Swedish Days in Geneva to listen to some ABBA tribute band. Cha Cha likes ABBA but it does not break my heart that they don't make music anymore. I didn't hate them but I am doing fine without them.

I am just pissed at this place and the longer I sit here to get what should take 15 minutes (an oil change) the angrier I get. I am happy with the Swedes right now but angrier at the Italians. I hope that anger doesn't spill over to MADYM when I see her Italian face in a couple of hours.

I leave for Texas tomorrow night (tonight now). I am pretty excited but I looked at the weather forecast and for the days we will be there 98 is the lowest daytime temperature I will see. At least I will come back looking Italian with my tan and maybe that will help me bury my anger for Italy. I don't really blame all of Italy and descendant of Italy for this dealership I guess I should more just out it on car dealerships because that is more accurate. Maybe just Zeigler.

Hey, this Is a huge Swedish day for me - Swedish Days, ABBA and IKEA. I am going to buy something Swedish at IKEA so I look cool at Swedish Days. Maybe Swedish Fish or something. Maybe we should have bought a SAAB Instead?

Even though I am writing this in their waiting room there is something wrong with their wifi too so I will publish this when I get home later tonight after ABBA light. I figure the wifi is down so people won't blog about them. Little did they know that Roz will save the info for me until I get home. When I am upset I am relentless and tenacious.

So, now it is the next day and I was unable to upload this yesterday because they never regained  internet connectivity. Luckily I saved it on Roz so I didn't have to try to remember what I had written because my rants are some of my favorite blogs when they are written while in the heat of the moment.

So, while I was getting ready to leave I noticed that all the cars were driving out of the shop all washed. Then came the FIAT still with bugs all over the front end and the window still dirty. I had had enough so when the guy in the shop commented on the car's mustache saying something like, "it looks like we should have given your car a shave while it was in here" I said maybe just a wash would have taken the mustache off. He said, "your car didn't get washed?" I wanted to say. "no Captain Obvious...maybe while you were staring at the mustache you may have noticed all of the dead bugs all over it" but I just said "no" and gave him a pissed-off look. He immediately had someone come over and whisk the car off and "wash it." It was clearly just hosed-off but I was done with the fine Zeigler experience for one day. I know some of this makes me sound like a baby but I had been up since 2AM and I was Matt as hell and I wasn't going to take it anymore.

So, since the fun at a car dealer I went to IKEA and bought a map of the world for Kajunkles Studio. It is 200 X 140 cm which translates into 78 3/4" X 55". It is pretty darn big. A big part of the podcast is all of the places we are heard and with the new studio we need a new, bigger map of our listeners. Now I have to figure-out where to hang it. Once I get it up (TWHS) and get all of the countries marked I will post a photo on the DLP Facebook page. I should take some photos of the new studio and get them up there too.

I am gonna wrap this up because it is pretty long (nah) and I have to start packing for my trip and getting many other things done. We went and saw ABBA Tribute last night. They were pretty good and sounded like ABBA but they really need to work on that name - ABBA Tribute. I guess it says what they are and maybe that's the best kind of name. If if they called themselves Dancing Queen or Fernando or Waterloo or something people would not know what they were getting and ABBA Tribute leaves little doubt.

I plan to blog from the road like I did when I was in Baltimore a couple of years ago but we'll see how that goes. I got a new laptop for Father's Day so it has road trip blogging written all over it - if I get a moist cloth maybe I can get that off. Thank you for listening to me rant. That, coupled with the three margaritas and the one glass (plastic cup) of wine at Swedish Days helped me get over it. Have a great day and I cannot wait for the 101 degree weather....no tan no gain at this point! TTTT?...MITM (leavin' on a jet plane). If I don't die in a plane crash within the next day or so one of my next rants may be about Spirit Air and the fees to carry baggage on or their fees to select your seat... If I don't return it was probably Spirit Air trying to keep me quiet. Maybe I will wait and write that blog after I get back from my trip. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment