Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Sun is Stalking Me

Everything is deliciouser in Texas
Happy Sunday. I woke up this morning in Dallas (the city you perv) and was instantly hungry for Neapolitan ice cream. I don't care for ice cream all that much but the power of suggestion when I saw my vanilla skin next to my strawberry skin from sitting in 100+ sunshine yesterday put the suggestion in my chocolate mind. While at the Rangers' game yesterday I met a new friend named Natalie Pickle. What's with southerners being named Pickle or Pickler and stuff? For her birthday yesterday her one wish was to go to a Texas Rangers game and meet me. Can you believe someone from Texas' only birthday wish is to meet Dirty Laundry Podcast's Agitator? People down here are very nice and I love the way they talk. Typing that makes me think of Sling Blade, "I like the way you talk."

Last night after the game Randy and I went out for dinner. We went to a place called The Keg Steak House. I have to say I like it better than Morton's (sorry Stacee). I had the Peppercorn New York steak, a baked potato, asparagus and a blue cheese wedge salad. I was really happy that I didn't have anything to eat at the ballgame. I also had a couple of Absolut Peppar bloody marys with blue cheese olives. The food was fabulous but maybe the reason I liked it more than Morton's is because of, instead of having their servers..., dress like like butchers they are dressed in very short black dresses. I think the food was the real reason but it's nice when all of my senses are tickled. It was also A LOT cheaper than Chicago-area steak joints.

I forgot to mention yesterday that when we were at The Astros' game I got my haircut at the ballpark. They have a promotion there where you can get a haircut and the money goes to charity. I waited until the game started and the line was down and went and they sat me down on a balcony in center field and cut my hair. It was Sports Clips and I guess they do it every Friday that  the Stro's are home. I am glad I got it the night before the Rangers' game because then I would have those weird white lines around my sunburn when I got a haircut. They must have recognized me because before long there was a camera in my newly framed face on the Jumbo Tron in center field. Can't I go anywhere without being recognized from our world-famous podcast? I don't mind - it the price of podcasting fame.
We passed through a town called Pearland, Texas. I need to know if it's pronounced "Pair Land" or "Pearl Land." I am guessing either way when a Texan pronounced it it would be the latter. I wish I had remembered about that and I would have asked Natalie Pickle (I can never mention her without saying both her first and last names).

Today we are taking a tour of Rangers' Ballpark and maybe Cowboy Stadium. Cowboy Stadium is so big that it makes the state of Illinois look like New Hampshire. When we drove up to it last night I felt like Randy and I were Will Smith and Harry Connick Jr. in Independence Day when they flew up on one of the mothership deals. After seeing it I don't know how we cannot take the tour of Cowboy Stadium - I didn't come all this way to lay-up. Hey Greg, I found the last white cap with a blue star in the state of Texas.
Yes, those are The Beatles' back there too...they really are huge!
I had better wrap-up because the laptop is running outta juice. Have a great day and watch me on the MLB game of the week tonight. I guess tonight's game is nationally televised and maybe some of the Bush family will be there to meet me; I imagine they are very excited I am in town. Thanks for stopping by to read some of my tales of circumnavigating the sun down here. I don't know if I will blog tomorrow because I apparently forgot to bring the cord for the computer and the juice is almost gone. It will give me more to write on Tuesday. TTT whenever I can....MITM (out y'all)
 
Speaking of Bush we saw some huge president heads in the middle of a industrial area and I am investigating this as we speak - more on this later

No comments:

Post a Comment