Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blogging Again From Planet Bloggywood

Clyde and Marvin Barrow's grave site
Today my vacation will be officially over when I go back to work. It's suppose to be almost as hot as Texas today and people are blaming me for bringing the heat back with me. All I did was bring people back a nice souvenir of my trip and I get grief for it - see if I bring you back something next time!

The best way to hear and see about my trip are to listen to this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast and go over to the Dirty Laundry Facebook page where I have posted several photos of the trip. I still have more photos to put up but most of the ones we talked about on the show this week are there. It will kind of be like a slideshow or a mini movie if you click through the photos as we talk about them... this may change the whole way podcasts are done.

While I am typing this I am watching Bonnie and Clyde on Netflix. I remembered Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway being in the movie but I forgot that Gene Hackman was in the movie too. I lied down on the graves of Bonnie and Clyde and Martin ("Buck") and here I am being haunted by them on Netflix. Buck was Clyde's older brother and was nicknamed Buck because when he was young he'd buck around like a horse. I have always been fascinated by gangsters. Not that killing and robbing is ever right but you can understand why people would turn to that lifestyle given the times of The Great Depression. I know in this instance "great" means big but I think they should have called it The Bad Depression or The Big-Ass Depression or something like that. The movie is insinuating that Clyde had problems in the sex department...Little Clyde couldn't report for duty? No wonder he was so angry. Hey, Jemome Silberman (Gene Wilder) is in this movie - pretty young. Four years before he became Willie Wonka. Did you know the Gene Wilder is from Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Right as I was typing that he said in the movie, as Eugene Grizzard, that he is from Wisconsin....weird. Maybe Milwaukee should have put a statue of Willie Wonka instead of that creepy one of The Fonz.

It sounds like Obama Care may go through. They are still trying to make-out what The Supreme Court ruling says but it sounds like all Americans will have healthcare. I don't know much about it, the political stuff is Cha Cha's role, but I think it's good. I am sure people are going to complain about the government forcing people to buy medical insurance but I think in the long-run it will save people lots of money in the end.
Is it just me or is this creepy? Must be near The Safe House?
I keep getting distracted from writing this blog. I am doing dishes and watching the movie and doing laundry (the dirty clothes kind)... Now there is a big shoot-out scene so I have to either pause the movie or stop typing. Buck just got shot in the head - that's how he died in real life - knowing history is such a spoiler!

I had better get some stuff around here and I have to pick up Fabio in about an hour so I had better quit blogging for now. I hope you fellow MIDDLEwesterners can handle the heat for the next few days. It's days like this that I am happy I work nights - especially since tonight I will be working outside all night. Thanks for stopping in. While you're over checking out the photos on the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page why don't you do a blogger a solid and click that "like" button n there? Muchas Gracias Compadre! TTT (tomorrow depending on how I assimilate to nights again)...MITM (out of the heat for now). Hey, Denver Pyle (Uncle Jessie) is in this movie with no beard too. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment