Thursday, June 14, 2012

The One Constant is Matt In The Middle

Who even knows what all this means?
Hit it Roz!  While I was sleeping I was listening to Pandora (Paul Simon station) and this song came on and it dawned on me that I hadn't played it here for awhile so I thought it to be a sign that Roz would have to cue it up this morning.

Good early morning from the MIDDLEwest. Currently the time is 2: 37 AM and the temperature is 54 degrees Celsius. It is clear, the wind is out of the east at 7 miles per hour and the humidity is at 77%. At what point in our lives did we need to know all of that information? Not many people really need to know the percentage of humidity or how fast is the wind is moving. I imagine some of these statistics are good for farmers or people involved in air travel but why does some schlub like me need to know all of that information. I even took a meteorology class in college and I am lost most of the time. I think it probably all started when we went to the 24-hour news cycle and The Weather Channel had to fill constant time with reports of the weather. How many times during the day could you say the current temperature is 54 degrees? It's just a bunch of good-looking people trying to pretend their smart too.

Why is school did we have pluses and minuses in grades? The reason I say that is because yesterday I was thinking, as I always do though I would be better off I learned not to, "why don't they give pluses or minuses if you get an F?" I think some kid who got an F would love to go home and say, "but mom, it's an F plus."
Whoops! Or is that Vanilla Ice?
The Weather Channel says that our low for the day is going to be 62 degrees. How can that be when it's 54 right now? Somebody needs to hold these people accountable!!!! The low temperature for the day has to be 52 degrees at the warmest now doesn't it? First they tell us we need to know all of this crap and then they don't even give us the honest information. Who is in charge of the weather.

A couple of days ago Madonna exposed one of her nipples to a concert crowd in Istanbul, Turkey and last night she showed her bum in Rome. She sure knows how to keep people talking about her. I have liked a lot of her music over the years but I wonder if we'd even know who she was if it weren't for her deviant behavior over and over. Maybe that's what we're doing wrong with the Dirty Laundry Podcast; we need to do something bordering on illegal but definitely shocking. I decided that I am plugging the podcast here too much so I intentionally did not include the hyperlink this time even though I know Madonna would have plugged/hyper-linked it twice (TWSS). Hopefully you know where to find it by now. And I am referring to the new load of Dirty Laundry that was posted yesterday on iTunes and at Podomatic.com. (add my nip slip here) - what are guys supposed show? Nip and slip rhyme so well. Ball fall? Wiener leaner?

I heard that Henry Hill died yesterday. That is weird because they have been showing Goodfellas quite a bit lately and I just saw a show with Henry Hill talking about his real life (kind of a biography I guess). It's like someone knew he was going to die soon. In case you haven't gathered by the info so far - Henry Hill was the person that Ray Liotta played in Goodfellas. I wonder when we get to the end of the year and they are compiling those lists where we say, "oh yeah, I forgot he died this year" he will be on those lists. I guess you know you made it if you are on the list of celebrities that died in any particular year/ That's probably a list you don't want to be on so I am happy to know that I will never be on that list.
"The one constant is baseball."
 
Next week my buddy Randy and I are heading to Texas for our semi-annual baseball trip. every year we start-off with about 5-8 people who are going and most often it's just Randy and I. This year was no different. There were going to be like eight of us this year and we were going to rent a house and all have our own bedrooms and now we are staying at a Holiday Inn Express or something. I have always had fun but why does everybody keep backing-out? Maybe we plan too far ahead and don't make anybody put any money down and then their wives aren't as cool as Cha Cha and start nagging about how they should stay home... I am looking forward to going to Houston and Arlington and with only the two of us if the plane goes down we will garner more attention at our funerals becasue there will be less funerals for our mutual friends to have to attend. It is also easier to decide what to do when we're not going to baseball games with just two of us. Two times ago since there were only two of us we got to drive down to Atlantic City and we both won a couple hundred bucks playing blackjack and we hung-out in the poker room from the movie Rounders. I think we are going to The Book Depository and we will do some other cool stuff too - we always tour the ball parks too so screw the rest of you jamokes!

I guess I am done for today. I don't know if I will blog tomorrow but I might - like to keep you on the edge of your seat. Thanks for comin' by. I hope you have a great Thursday, right? TTT?....MITM (nip nip baby to go!) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment