Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Blog at Night is Still Not Bright....

Today is my last day in The Lone Star State. Yesterday was a big day. We went to The School Book Depository and took the tour and checked out The Grassy Knoll. In case you live on another planet this is the place in Dallas where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. I expected it to be interesting and it was. I think I have mentioned it here before but I am a huge JFK fan. Part of it is that he was the President when I was born, I think, but a lot of it has to do with what he did for: minority Americans and helping the World by starting The Peace Corps and the way he stood up to Russia in the Cuban Missile Crisis. He really cared about the people of America and making it a better place for all of the country's citizens. I could not believe how small the area where he was killed, Dealey Plaza, was. I really think that Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy and I never really 100% thought that until visiting here. I am not even sure what makes me feel that way now but it just came in my mind being there - maybe it is the ghosts of JFK and Oswald?

Hey, why would The Rangers get a pitcher names Roy Oswalt. Now I know why he pronounces it OHs Walt. I bet his real name is Oswald and his family had to change it to live in America in the 1960s.

I got really choked-up watching one of the movies on The Sixth Floor about parents with their kids and fearing for their children lying over them to protect them from whatever was going on that day on The Grassy Knoll. I also did not realize that Jack Ruby shot Oswald in the building kinda right across the street from The School Depository. What a cursed plaza that is.

If you have been a regular reader of MITM you know that I have a fascination with death and cemeteries. For some reason I thought while we were driving that Bonnie and Clyde were from Texas so I Goggled it in the car (how did we survive without 4g?) and found out that Clyde Barrow was buried not far from Dealey Plaza so guess where we headed? We got there and the gate was locked and there was a "no trespassing" sign on the fence so I squeezed between the gates because we Northerners don't go for no fancy sign reading' and Ii looked for the grave marker. I went to it immediately because I saw a bottle of Seagrams sitting on a grave. I walked up and saw the bottle along with several shotgun shells strewn all over. So I laid down and had my photo taken as I do. I don't know why I am not freaked out by death but I don't understand why people do get freaked out by death. We all die and the sooner you come to grips with that realization the better off you are I think. I still may die in a plane crash on the flight home and if that is my destiny do be it. You cannot cheat fate. And now it will sound prophetic.

I sure did get tired of hearing the song Deep in the Heart of Texas down here The stars at night are big and bright (clap clap clap clap)... what about that big star during the day that turned my body red with star-burn? Every time I heard that song I could not help thinking about Peewee's Big Adventure. I think when Paul Reubens wrote that movie he was right on with Texans.

Last night, after spending the day with Kennedy, I spent the night with Bush (W. that is) at The Rangers' game. I never saw him clap one time during the game and neither he nor Nolan Ryan did the wave. I think I saw the wave at all three of the games I attended this weekend we Texas. Does the rest of the world still do the wave? I don't think so. Maybe because it averaged 102 degrees while we were at these games they were thinking that if they could catch a wave they would be cooled-down.

Tomorrow night Cha Cha and I will be recording yet another load of Dirty Laundry. I imagine we will talk a lot about my trip.

I write this blog on my iPod so I will simply post it without photos like I did when I started the blog a couple of years ago. I hope you have a nice start to your week as mine comes to a close. TTTT....MIT southern M. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment