Tuesday, April 24, 2012

World Peace Be With You!

Lucy-haters Anonymous President
It looks like it is going to be a sunny day. That was just supposed to be an innocent comment but when I just now wrote it it made me think that we should have Mooney days too. Yes, I am speaking of Theodore J. Mooney. I could always understand why Mr. Mooney got so upset; Lucy would have driven me to total insanity - I never really cared for Lucy Ricardo or Lucy Carmichael or Lucy McGillicuddy or even Lucille Ball. what is it with the name Lucy? Lucy Van Pelt drove me crazy too. I am trying to think of a Lucy that I have ever liked. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was a drug addict or something and she is about the only Lucy that I think I have liked. I cannot even think of another Lucy so I guess I Don't Love Lucys.

After yesterday's blog I decided that it is time to once again do what I need to do to get into shape and quit making excuses. Yesterday my entire day's menu consisted of: two Honey Crisp apples, a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, peas and low-fat dressing, a bag of frozen peas (cooked so were they really frozen peas then?), two hard-boiled eggs and a bag of baby carrots and two weight Watchers cheese sticks. What is the deal with Honey Crisp apples? Are they pretty new or what? I cannot believe how many different varieties of apples there are but I don't remember Honey Crisps before the last year or so. They are the best but it is no secret because sometimes the store is out of them.
and also with you
Are you familiar with Metta World Peace? That is the new name of the Artest formerly known as Ron... ha ha, I crack myself up. His name used to be Ron Artest so I kinda did a little play on the artist/Artest thing. I love that I think that I am so clever but then I have to explain my cleverness in order to be clever - not too clever after all I suppose. Anyway, L.A. Lakers' Ron Artest legally changed his name to Metta World Peace in September. The Buddhist meaning of the name is "loving kindness and friendliness towards other." He said he changed his name to inspire youths. Do you think his loving kindnessness was inspiring youths when he violently elbowed Oklahoma City guard James Harden in the head and now Harden is seeing double and most-likely has a concussion. It's funny when a guy who has "World peace" on the back of his jersey is beating the hell out of people. I do not think he means what think that means. Do you suppose as he was elbowing him in the head he said, "World Peace be with you?"

Cha Cha and I recorded the new Dirty Laundry Podcast last night and I should have it up by this afternoon/evening. I will let you know when it's ready. I have lots to do today, including trying to get some sleep, so it may be later-on. I also have to go over and get another shot. Shot two of my Hepatitis B series of shots required by my job. I am really tired so it is gonna be a long day (TWSS) but it's my weekend so that tends to make unbearable thing bearable.

Last night I heard "gonna fly now" coming from Fabio's room. I went in there expecting to see Rocky Balboa doing push-up on his television but do you know what I saw? I saw Rocky Balboa doing push-ups with Mickey coaching him on his television. I have never been prouder as a father. Alright, that is a huge exaggeration but it did make me happy that he found Rocky by himself. He has never been open to my film suggestions and I know I had suggested Rocky in years past but it has been awhile so he found it by himself and was watching it. I will eventually ask him why he was watching Rocky but it doesn't matter why -  he said he was liking it so even better!!!! I think it's genetic.

I could not believe all of the women's phone numbers I got a couple of days ago. You ladies need to be careful throwing your numbers out willy nilly. I was just sitting in a chair all by myself and if I were some kind of perv (I mean really not just like the one I pretend to be sometimes) I could have gotten a couple of dozen phone numbers. I was sitting waiting while Fabio got his hair cut and girls were walking in and telling the lady behind the counter their names and phone numbers. We are all worried about identity theft but how about phone number theft? I play The Hair Cuttery for asking this and what the hell do they need that for anyway? Just cut my hair - I don't want you to call me for anything. Refuse giving your numbers ladies the next perv sitting there might be a real perv.

Alright, I am going to go get my shot and then come back and get things done around here. Have a great day and if you're bored give me a call I may be willing to drop everything for something more fun. Thank you for stopping by and be ready on Alert Five Stand-By to listen to the podcast when the word comes out. One if by pod and two if by computer. That sounded funnier in my head when I pictured Paul Revere shouting it. TTTT...MITM (OUT)!

No comments:

Post a Comment