Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today It's About Assholes (partially) !

I am sick. I haven't been sick in awhile but I have recently been around a lot of people with colds and unfortunately these people seem to be the kind that like to share. I can always tell when I am getting really sick because my lower back aches. This time might be different because the backache might be from me hauling and stacking logs in the backyard yesterday and sawing wood. The wood-sawing didn't go too well. I rented a chainsaw and the wood is so solid that it took about ten minutes per cut even with a chainsaw. I resisted the urge to say that I was sawing logs because even though that is really what I was doing that now has a different meaning. zzzzzzz.

While I was stacking wood I was grilling steaks on the grill. It is the first time that I have grilled out this year. I also made my house-favorite roasted dill potatoes. I didn't pay too close attention to the grill with all of my toting and stacking and sawing and the steaks got a little more done than I had hoped - that is code for burnt. Luckily I caught them before they became charcoal and they were still delicious. While the potatoes were finishing up I smoked a cigar and drank my cheap wine right from the bottle. Maybe it's the cheap wine and cigar that is making me feel sick? It doesn't seem like that kinda sick though...coughing and stuffed up nose and, of course, the back ache.

I also managed to get the Dirty Laundry Podcast uploaded with the help of Cha Cha converting the file to the correct forMATT. For some reason when I upload it it uploads as am m4a and it needs to be an mp3. I don't have any idea what that means but the computer and Cha Cha are both a lot smarter than me so I will leave it to the adults to figure out that stuff.

Another of my projects yesterday, after taking down all of the dryer vent ducts and cleaning the lint out of them in the basement the previous day, was to put all of the ducts back in a row (couldn't resist) and tape them. I think I told you the other day that I couldn't find the duct tape around here so I had to buy more. The new duct tape I bought is much thinner than the old duct tape....a ruse to make us use more of it I am certain. I use duct tape all the time but while I was taping the ducts in the basement I thought to myself "self, I think this is the first time that we actually have used duct tape on actual ducts." To which I replied "I think you're correct self." It was actually difficult to find the silver tape over at Lowe's (Lowe's which I have a bitter dislike for but they were strategically located yesterday). They have many colors of duct tape now but I was actually taping something silver so I wanted the silver tape.
Wallets now in several colors
Yesterday when I was seasoning my house-famous dill potatoes (I wanted to call them dill taters there but I thought better of it but then I typed it here anyway so I guess I didn't totally think better of it) I used celery salt. Then I went to thinking like I sometimes do... when we put celery salt on celery is that like putting Parmesan cheese on a cheese sandwich or fondue? I checked the ingredients of celery salt while I was sprinkling and the ingredients are....get ready for it....: salt and celery. Can we actually eat celery salt by itself and it would be considered eating our vegetables?

While I was shopping yesterday and driving: around town, supermarket, meat market, Lowe's (did I mention I hate them?), rental place for the chainsaw, Fabio to driving school, gas station... I wondered, "have there always been this many asshole drivers around and I am just less tolerant today?" This maybe another sign that this is a cold that I have because I do become less tolerant when I am illin'. Speaking of assholes I noticed that all of the geese have hatched their baby assholes. Goslings are cute but too bad that they are going to grow up to be asshole geese. I know you have noticed that geese are assholes. 

While I was driving around I was listening to the Cardinals beat the Cubs and they were talking about "the seagulls flying over" the ballpark. Are they actually seagulls or are they Lake Michigan Gulls? There is not really a sea near Chicago but I think they are called seagulls but that does not make any sense to me. Maybe they should all just be called gulls and forget about the hierarchy of their gullness. Even gulls cannot seem to get along...they must be assholes like their cousins - geese.

More great Dirty Laundry Podcast pop art

On this week's podcast we mentioned that The Lost Sock sent us another great caricature and I just added it to the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page. There's a small copy of it right over there too. We also talked about a flyer for an upcoming art auction. If you remember a couple of week's ago Cha Cha read a letter written by the mother of a murdered girl (episode #56) I think we also mentioned the art show to help pay some of the expenses of the family during the trial (food, lodging, travel...) and that we would have a copy of the flyer there too. That flyer is also now on our Facebook page - while you're over there just click "like" even if you don't like us. We just like to think that we're liked.

I think I am going to lie down so I can feel well-enough to go to work. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me and for not being an asshole. If you're an asshole once in awhile that's okay but just don't make a habit of it. I am a great part-time asshole - just ask Cha Cha. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment