Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soon To Be Famous (one way or another)!!!!

Welcome home sir, your bedroom is ready
Hello and happy Thursday (Monday). Sorry if you were looking for a blog yesterday but Cha Cha had to have a surgery (nothing major so not to worry) and my services were required elsewhere. The patient is doing okay (just short of fine). When we got home I worked on Fabio's new bedroom. So, he goes on a ten day Bahamian/Virgin Islands cruise and he comes home to a brand new bedroom - it's like he's Mr. Deeds or something. He must have great parents.

Last night Cha Cha and I were sitting down eating our salads and watching the St. Louis Cardinals play beat the Miami Marlins and I said to her, "hey, turn on channel 9 and see if WGN is back on." I had a hunch, out of nowhere, that the station would be back on. She flipped it over and the station was back. After wondering why I had that feeling I realized, while watching baseball, there is NO WAY that WGN is going deny thousands of Chicago Cubs fans the torture of watching their team not make the World Series again. The official report says, "the two companies said late Wednesday that they had struck a deal that will allow DirecTV Inc. to carry all of Tribune Broadcasting's local stations and WGN America for the next five years. Terms were not disclosed." It doesn't really matter who buckled all that matters is that whatever cost was incurred will be passed along to we viewers eventually. Late Wednesday night....the night before the Cubs' season opener...curious (NOT)!
Maryland's recent Mega Millions winner

Remember that $600,000,000 lottery way back last week? I guess there were three winners and the person who claims to have been one of the three winners has not produced a ticket yet. I would not have produced a ticket yet either but I also would not have come forward until I was prepared to produce the ticket. I would get all of my ducks in a row and then come forward with my team of legal beagles with the ticket and then disappear shortly thereafter to never be seen or heard from again on this planet except by those of you who I love when a car drove up to your home with $1,000,000 for you and a ride to the airport to come celebrate for the weekend with me. Could someone really be crazy enough to try to manipulate the media into courting her and not even have won the lottery? That would be genius and these salivating piranha would deserve it. Let them fly her all over and put her up in the fanciest hotels and take her to the fanciest restaurants just to find out in a month or so that she never even won the lottery. I have a whole scenario worked out in my head obviously. Then, when she ends up coming clean, she will be able to do it all over again when they want to have her on their shows again to discuss why/how she got away with something like this....I really hope I am right because after all of that is over then she should come on Dirty Laundry Podcast. You knew I would work that in there somewhere didn't you? The story even gets better, though. She works at a McDonald's near Baltimore and she and her coworkers went-in on a bunch of tickets together, and she was the purchaser of said tickets, but she said the one that she won on was purchased separately from the ones she pooled with her co-workers.

We got asked if we would be open to putting Dirty Laundry Podcast on a radio network (no kidding). I, of course, said we would be interested but I do not know too much more than that at this point. The network that is courting us is dedicated to mostly independent music and we do play music and it is all from independent artists so I think we would be a good match and perhaps it is yet another stepping-stone in podcasting immortality but we are happy with the way the show is and we are not going to give-up any creative control. I only said "we would be interested" and maybe nothing will come of it but with being mentioned/linked in the newspaper this week and now this makes me think that we are actually onto something. It's fun pretending to be using my radio/television college education anyway. They never once mentioned podcasting when we were in college...we are pioneers! Eight years of college down the drain? NO!


I just remembered that I bought $4 worth of Mega Millions tickets for Tuesday's drawing. I think it was worth like $14,000,000 for a single winner but when I went to the store and impulsively bought the tickets I thought "this is exactly when Charlie Bucket found his Golden Ticket." I haven't opened the Wonka Bar yet checked the numbers yet but this would be a great time to win because with all of the hooplah going on with the big one from last week I would go relatively unnoticed. 

Thank you for stopping-by so I have a reason to ramble. "R-A-M-B-L-I-N apostrophe Ramblin'!" I hope you have a really great day. Do something nice for yourself - you deserve it...you know that I'm right! TTTT...MITM (off to check my golden ticket and put some pants on) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment