Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Like a Lint Menagerie!

I don't really feel like blogging today so, just like everything in life, I am going to do it anyway. Don't you sometimes envy people like Tom Hanks' character in Castaway? Or any of the people on Gilligan's Island? I wouldn't even mind being Lovie sometimes.
I am opening the first dryer lint art gallery soon

Yesterday I decided to take down all of the venting pipe (I am sure it has a better name than that) that leads from the dryer to the outside because the dryer wasn't drying properly. I first took the extensions off of the leaf-blower (lucky leaves) and hooked it up to the vent to see if that would do the trick first but nothing came out and I knew that there was still a problem inside. So I went to the basement and started taking down the Tin Man's arms from the ceiling of the basement. It made me really happy that out basement isn't finished. By the time I was done taking down all of the tubes I had completely filled a huge bag full of lint. Now I have to put the stuff back up today. I would have done it yesterday but I don't have any idea where the duct tape is. I wish I could yell at somebody about that but instead I am yelling at myself because I am sure it was I who took it somewhere and set it down and one day I will come across it (no joke inserted here) and say, "oh, that's right...I remember setting it there now." If you have a need for A LOT of dryer lint please let me know. I may save it for the fire pit.

Speaking of the fire pit - I have a new addiction. Yesterday after I took Fabio to Drivers' Ed. I was driving back across a couple of cornfields and thought to myself, "self, you are driving right by the place where you always get wood (too easy) so why don't you stop and get more wood." So, I stopped and filled the back of the 4-Runner with lost more wood. We have so much wood already that it's kinda ridiculous but I cannot stop. I gotta have wood. I know that we have a lot but we will get to the end of the summer and we'll be saying, "where did all of that wood go?"

I am having a hard time getting the Dirty Laundry Podcast up (unlike the wood). There is a problem with the way the file is loading and it is an M4A instead of an MP3 blah blah blah. I slipped it into Cha Cha's Dropbox and hopefully she will get a chance to look at it. Cha Cha's gotta Dropbox Matty never sleeps at night.  That's only because Matty usually sleeps during the day. I slept well last night after falling asleep but now I am still tired. Happily, I am off again today. Does anybody want to go to a movie today? I think I may drive over to Batavia to see a movie- they don't show MATTinees in this neck of the nape. I am not sure what to see though. How weird would I look going to see Chimpanzee alone? Maybe I will buy a ticket for The Three Stooges and go see Chimpanzee instead. When I heard that The Three Stooges was being made, about two years ago, I though it was going to be about the lives of the real dudes not another stupid Itchy and Scratchy movie. I would have preferred a movie about the their real lives.

Yesterday I was up for about 29 hours straight. That probably explains the boredom enough to fill a huge bag of lint and to gather wood for a house that doesn't even have a fireplace. I am still a bit tired and I may sleep shortly after everything dies down here. Fabio did not have school yesterday and today he doesn't start until 11-something. The Juniors are doing some testing so the entire rest of the school gets off one day and goes in late another day. It seems stupid to me but I am sure it makes sense to someone. I know I have to get duct tape and get that venting back up. Maybe I could just have the extra warm air blow in the basement and that would help save on the winter heating bill. The main drawback would be that we'd have LOTS of lint in the basement. Is that a drawback?

I just got told that I am "so sensitive." It was said to me as a bad thing. I actually think that my sensitivity is one of my strong-suits so if my strong-suit is a bad thing I think that I may problems. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I should see The Three Stooges afterall. Chimpanzee seems too sensitive.

I believe while I am out buying duct tape I am also going to rent a chainsaw unless I go to a movie or just come back and take a nap. My day-off options seem to know no bounds. Maybe if the lint gets outta hand the chainsaw may come in handy with that too. Have a nice day. It's almost your humpday which sadly is my Monday. Thank you for checking me out today and hit me up if you wanna see a flick or even hang-out in a bar on a rainy afternoon (or whatever today's weather might bring). The Cardinals-Cubs game in on this afternoon.... the bar might be a good idea now that I think of it. Congrats to the Cubs for breaking the Cardinals' streak of winning 16 straight series (or serieses or serieseses) which included the play-offs and the World Series...of course it would be the Cubs. TTTT...MITM (the Kraut is out without a doubt) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment