Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Blogging Strike is Over!!!

Hit it Roz
I haven't been here for quite awhile so it is weird even blogging right now. I had been blogging every day for a couple of years and I don't know if doing it so much was burning me out or I don't find the joy in it anymore or people aren't reading it as much so I don't care as much or I am just plain tired all the time but I decided to write today. Since not as many are reading it I felt that I wasn't letting people down by not writing so I took a break. I still take notes for the blog constantly but now I use most of those notes for the podcast. Maybe I felt over-exposed? It's difficult to explain mainly because I am not really sure what it is. I also not even sure if it is over.

I don't know if you have heard the Dirty Laundry Podcast this week but Cha Cha left the country and I did not speak to her for about five days. I wasn't even sure if she reached her third-world destination. Then yesterday she arrived back in this country, after spending hours trying to get through customs, and late last night Splenda came home. Right now, even though three of the four of us are sleeping, we are all under the same roof again for a very short time. Fabio goes to school in about an hour and Splenda heads to San Diego this afternoon to watch her boyfriend's Marine Corps graduation (I know it has a better name than that but you know what I mean). Having all of us here together makes me very happy but it also makes me think that I am lonely and depressed most of the time now. How can I be lonely when I am rarely physically alone? I am not really sure if lonely is even a bad thing. Lonely just has a really bad press agent. I guess I will embrace my loneliness until I turn to liquor.

While Cha Cha was gone and I was fearing the worst because I hadn't heard from her I got an incoming call from 800-555-1212 (not a joke). I recognized the number as the toll-free directory assistance telephone number and when I answered it it got disconnected. With all of the podcasts about ghosts and conspiracies... and my extremely active imagination I knew it was Cha Cha calling from "the other side." I called it back and just got the usual recording about looking up a number for it and I hung-up.

It's ironic that since I am lonely I am getting tired of Words With Friends. Maybe I am becoming anti-social and it's not loneliness I am feeling but rather guilt?
I'm not big on tattoos but this is funny!

I saw a black guy the other day with his arms filled with tattoos and I wondered, " why don't people with darker skin get white or yellow or beige tattoos?" If I were going to spend all of that money for tattoos I would make sure people could see them!

I was just downstairs making Fabio's lunch and it dawned on me that maybe I was lonely from not writing the blog. Maybe I need to get my thoughts out even if it's just on paper/screen. I may have been going Matt mad while I wasn't blogging. I may not have to actually physically but I just need to get my thoughts out of my head? My thoughts are poisoning me. I am going to go with that and if I do go mad maybe at least these blogs will help people investigate how mattness madness occurs. 

Did you hear that Tom Petty had five guitars stolen? The news reports made it sound like Petty's show would not go on. Come on! Tom Petty probably has a truck outside with 5,000 guitars in it. even if not the local Guitar Center or mom and pop guitar store would love to give him guitars for his show for the free-press and photo opportunities (ops) alone. As soon as I heard the report I wondered... "would that be considered a Petty Crime or Petty Larceny?' I haven't heard anything else about it so I am sure the show went-on. why is that even national news? SLOW NEWS DAY? 24-HOUR NEWS CYCLE? OMG - funny thought alert - if they stole his piano would it have been Grand Larceny?

When I worked at newspapers and in television news it was before the 24-hour news cycle and we had a hard time filling the news occasionally. I cannot even imagine trying to do it now. That's why they are scaring the crap out of us all of the time.

Okay - I have to wrap this up but I believe I will start blogging again. If you haven't listened to the podcast please do. If you're lonely and need to hang-out with someone or go to lunch or don't want to watch a movie alone I am available most days and my rates are cheap (free, actually). Consider it an act of charity because you'd be doing it for me more than for you.  Thanks a lot for your patience during the blogger's strike / hiatus. I appreciate you being here and hope to rekindle our  daily ritual. TTTT....MITM (out once again)

No comments:

Post a Comment