Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Writer Writes, Always!

Thanks little dudes from across the computer screen that keep tuning in. Writing Navin Johnson's name yesterday made me think, "Step right up and read some crap!"

Jill and I went to PetSmart the other night to get Maisy's dog food. I stood in the aisle trying to pick out all the flavors that I thought she'd like: Thanksgiving Feast, Blue's Stew, Chicken Pot Pie, Backyard BBQ... Dogs eat their own feces yet I am worried about different flavors. The insanity dawned on me at the checkout when the lady in front of me just had a case of all the same flavor.

I am writing again thanks to my new writing friend. I have to come up with a name/title for him/her. We are both trying to complete screenplays by April 15th to enter a screenplay writing contest. I had a couple of "treatments" that I had partially done and after leaving them sit for awhile and going back to them I have new ideas for one in particular that I am very excited about and am working on. Jill and I went on a walk last night and she gave me some great ideas too. I even woke up this morning with my book on my chest like the good ol' days.

A writer writes, always!

Speaking of writing are there such things as pen-pals anymore or is it only Facebook friends? No wonder the post office is trying to eliminate Saturdays as I write this online rather than mailing it out every day.

Speaking of closing one day a week the schools are talking about going to a four-day school week. That would put a tremendous strain on the parents in this country that actually are working five days a week. It opens up business opportunities for those of us who are not, however. I can open a Daddy After School Care.

This made me think that if we're going to change things how about changing schools so they have winter breaks rather than summer breaks? Snow days, dead ! I think summer breaks were probably started so the kids could help in the fields with the crops like in Little House on the Prairie. We're past those days with all the modern equipment... As long as I'm ranting...let's get rid of Daylight Savings Time. Ben Franklin was onto something when he came up with this in the 1700's so the farmers had more daylight to tend to their chores but have you seen the rigs the farmers drive now? Lights that would light up Dallas Cowboy Stadium, heat, air conditioning, GPS so they barely have to drive, stereo systems; I live in DeKalb so I've seen these beasts blocking the roads while I'm trying to drive and text - they're very cool but make changing our clocks unnecessary. Changing clocks, dead!

Thank you to my yet untitled writing friend and all of my pen-pals here. Not only am I getting back to what I love I am also starting to believe in myself again. Being out of work and this blog have become the reboot of life. I was trapped in a world with the dangling carrot that kept moving ahead of me. Thank you to all of the people who contact me on here and on my Facebook because of here; I really appreciate all of the screenplay and book ideas. All of them have been fantastic and will be used. I feel like I am already working on my speech for when I win "The Oscar for Best Screenplay By A Blogger" goes to...

My notebook is full but I will stop here. I already have stuff to write tomorrow this way unless I destroy my notebook again. It was probably because of a guy like me that computers are backed-up now. I need to back-up my notepad.

Thank you for being a "follower" and/or reader...it means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment