Monday, March 22, 2010

Cleveland Actually Does Rock!

I have travelled all over the world, I was born in West Germany, my father was stationed there in the U.S. Army and my mom was there too of course, and was in 8 countries before I was 8 months old. Growing up I was a member of The Fox Valley Raiders Drum & Bugle Corps. and every summer travelled around the United States on a bus with a hundred or so of, what became, brothers and sisters. All this and family vacations every year. With all the travelling I have done in my life I do not ever remember being in Cleveland. I have been in Ohio a lot and I have been by Cleveland but don't remember being IN Cleveland. I always thought of it as a dumpy town for some reason. This downtown is really nice. Our hotel is right across from Progressive Field (where The Indians play) and we are about one block from Quicken Loans Arena (The "Q") where Lebron and Shaq play. We walked to the game last night even though we had a parking pass because it is so close and it would have been stupid to drive a block. And, I love to walk now. (The Cav's won 104 - 72 I think the final score was). Last night we drove down by the lake and saw the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with the pyramid all lit up next to Cleveland Browns Stadium with a windwill truning out front. I apologize to Cleveland for judging it before experiencing it. we middle states that start with vowels, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, have to stick together. Cleveland Rocks!

I am sitting in the business center of the Hilton Gardens hotel downtown. It's Monday morning and I think the rest of the hotel is still asleep. It's like 4:30 or 5:30; we middle states should all be on the same time. I got my usual 3 hours of sleep so I am good. I think that may come from Drum & Bugle Corps too - not sleeping much. I wanted to post something because my addictive personality wanted me to. I am always addicted to something, it seems, which is why I got fat I suppose. Now I am addicted to weight loss and excercise which is a better alternative. A lot my my obsessions come and go but my good addictions like: my family, being incredibly cute and the ocean... don't waiver though. I guess I try things out and if I like them I go full-thottle and if I don't I toss them on the scrap heap with all the other obsessions I've destroyed.

During our drive over to the right side of the middle I wrote about five pages of notes for ideas of blogs so I can keep thrilling you with my views on all things ordinary. After I get done posting this I will check Indeed.com for jobs, go swimming with my son again (we swam some last night), go find the A Chistmas Story house (the actual house they shot the movie in), go back to the mall down town to get my son that LeBron shirt he cannot live without and then head back to the middle part of the middle states. Speaking of the middle states - way to go U.S. Government for passing the healthcare bill. I am very excited that we care about making sure our children and our future generations are taken care of like the rest of the world does...this is huge. Now let's get this rolling and work on a jobs bill so I can get back to work and feel like the man that society feels I should be.

Well, I could write for hours with all the notes I have but I will wait until I have seven more hours of notes from the drive home. My next blog will touch on the importance of Lipton, breakfast and the I-Pod and how they changed my life.

Thank you for reading this. I do appreciate the opportunity to make a small difference to some while psycho-analyzing myself. I have to think of a catchy "sign off" - Matt In The Middle Out!

SUPPORT THE MIDDLE STATES - VISIT CLEVELAND! (wouldn't it be ironic if I got my eye shot out while looking for the A Christmas Story house?)

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I gotta say that I actually paused my re-runs of Gilmore Girls to catch up on your blog. There is no higher praise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice compliment. I can't believe my new series is getting better ratings than the Gilmore Girls. Wait until the networks pick me up and I get the big budget loot so I can have Betty White guest host.

    ReplyDelete