Monday, March 29, 2010

Wisconsin - Smell My Dairy Air

I think I was having blog-writing withdrawals. I actually enjoy writing this whether or not anybody reads it; it’s very cathartic. I do, however, appreciate your thinking enough of me to follow my warped sense of things.

Just before we left to go to the Dells Friday morning I found my notebook. The bad news is that it was destroyed by outside forces which rendered it incompetent. In my attempt to be the perfect househusband I hurried through the laundry and left the notebook in the back pocket of my jeans and it is now illegible. At least I know our washer and dryer work well. I am a big believer in fate and destiny so I am assuming there was something in there that I would have been sorry I wrote about so woohoo for fate saving me again.

I did start a new notebook on the way north so here goes my rambling DISCOMBOOBULATION (I was still in my funk when I wrote this first one - heavy flow day so bare with me at first):

When are the rewards supposed to come to us who are doing the right things? I think that sometimes the “haves” tell us “have-nots” that it is good to keep giving so they can keep taking.

Wisconsin is a beautiful state but why did I see more roadkill in the first mile of entering Wisconsin than I did the entire trip through Indiana and Ohio and back?

I know I am fixated but why is gas 20 cents cheaper in Wisconsin (and Indiana and Ohio)than it is in DeKalb? Even the Rockford, IL area is 20 cents cheaper. Price fixing is my guess.

Last night I worked a concert for my part-time job (is it still part-time if it’s your ONLY job? Technically, all jobs are part-time right? Otherwise you’d be there all the time). I worked outside at the beer tent most of the night to make sure people followed the rules. I didn’t get to hear the first two acts which was fine as it was a country music show and I am not much of a fan of that genre. I did get to see the entire Martina McBride show, however. I was amazed at how great her show was. I even recognized some of the songs. I may have to broaden my horizons again. As I get to the upper-middle I am scrambling to try to enjoy everything. Just try me (that's what He said)!

Driving home yesterday, Sunday, I remembered when I was young my dad would call people Sunday drivers when they were driving slowly or erratically. I think there should be a new definition for Sunday Drivers. Now Sunday Drivers are people who are hurrying back from their weekends away so they can get a few minutes of rest before they have to go back to work or school... They can be seen pulling their boats or campers or snowmobiles or carnival rides across state lines at twenty miles over the speed limit weaving in and out of traffic. I was definitely a New Age Sunday Driver yesterday.

I am keeping this one short because “I’s tired boss...dog tired” and I still need to work-out today. I know I promised my 28-day theory but that will be tomorrow morning. I wanted to write some of these things from my notebook before I launder it tonight. I will “talk” to you in about 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment