Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Harry Bloody Maria!

It is already three minutes until high noon. I did not write yesterday because it was quite a busy day. I drove Cha Cha to work because I have Noah's ride in the shop and I gave him mine to use and I needed to go back for my replacement urine test. I tired to get some information out of them about my last test that revealed red blood cells in my lemonade. I got nowhere with the receptionist/nurse so I did some shopping and came home. Later in the afternoon I called the doctor's office as they requested last week to tell them that my new meds were not improving my sleeping and the lady voice on the phone (supposedly) took down everything I wanted relayed to the doctor and I have not heard anything yet. So, I do not know if I am dying soon or not. I do realize that, from the moment we are born, we are dying so I am not concerned as I know the final outcome. I just think it would be nice, if my odds were hedging me to die sooner than later, that I could do some of the things that I would do if I knew I were dying. I started to make a list of those things but they were not things that I would really do so I deleted them. Most were not practical, some were stupid as I needed to think about Cha Cha living without money if I lost everything in Vegas or something... I would, in actuality, spend my last days helping people (strangers and people know and I love)  and saying goodbye to friends and family in fun ways. I know, for sure, that I would not hold my tongue about anything anymore. I know some people may be surprised to learn that the person they have known actually has not been saying everything on his mind; yes, I do have some restraint whether you believe it or not.

When I got home yesterday I cleaned the garage out so we can get both of our vehicles in there for the winter. It is funny how Spring and Summer mess-up a garage so. I did the laundry simultaneously. I also mulched the plants that we planted last week. That was pretty good timing as it rained well last night. After that fun stuff I went and picked Jill up after work. I took her to work again today because she likes it and I am off today. I will pick her up again when she is done for her day.


I am preparing for my interview tomorrow though I am, pretty much, an improvisational kind of a guy. It is nice that, whether I get the position or not, it does not really matter in the greater scheme of things. It is one of those It's a Wonderful Life moments that can determine what will happen in later days of your life. Will George Bailey be there to save Harry after he falls through the ice or will Harry die and all of those men on that transport die? I love that movie but I have mixed feeling about that one single moment in George and Harry's. I know George got the better end of that deal with Mary and the kids and the town all coming together to save him but what if George had gone off to college and Harry had died? Harry is really kind of a selfish jerk. To me, that is how destiny can screw with us. Harry caused George to lose hearing in that one ear when George gets into the icy water to save him. Then, their dad dies and George gives Harry his college money with the understanding that, when Harry graduates, he will come back and run Bailey Building and Loan so George can go to college. But, Harry comes home with a wife. Was he really even married? No matter what she has procured Harry a job at her father's company. And, then the war breaks-out and George if 4-F because of saving Harry as a kind again. And, of course, her earns the Medal of Honor and gets to meet the President of the United States (Harry Truman). Hmm, Harry Truman/Harry Bailey seems like a conspiracy thing to me. Then Harry comes home and toasts George as the riches man in Bedford Falls. I know what the central message of the film is but I don't think I could have done that to my brother George. But, George was the richest man in Bedford Falls because of his brother's hubris and greed and  selfishness. Having Cha Cha and my children in my life make me happy to be George any day of the week. I have no idea what cause this paragraph. I sure hope I stay on-target tomorrow during my interview.
I hear that Hurricane Maria is probably going to hit the entire island of Puerto Rico. The family and I went to Puerto Rico a few years ago and it is absolutely beautiful and the people could not be nicer or friendlier. I wish them all the luck I can muster and hope Maria takes a rest when she gets there and then just passes by quietly by. She is scheduled to be at THE CENTER of Puerto Rico early tomorrow morning. If you're a praying person I ask that you send them whatever juju you can muster. And a recent earthquake in southern Illinois this week and now a 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Mexico City, Good thing that there is no global warming.

I am going to play with practice interview questions some more and then, maybe, take a short nap before heading back to Geneva. I appreciate you stopping by and letting me take a break and ramble for a bit. I will let you know what happens with the interview when I know. I m so happy that I win no MATTer what. Have a great week and I will blahg again Sunday (probably). TTTSunday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment