Monday, September 11, 2017

Don't Shoot Irma

I am starting a bit later in writing the blog today. Actually, some Mondays I don't even find the time to write at all so I suppose this is better than that alternative. Since Autumn/Fall is near the yard is not growing as rapidly so I can do this rather than giving the yard a haircut. 

I went to the doctor this morning and now I have some sleeping pills. He believes that many of my issues may be caused by my lack of sleep. I have never been a good sleeper so, perhaps, all of those sleepless nights may have been taking a toll on my other facilities? I blame a lot of that on being born in Germany and coming here to your country as an wee lad. I picked the meds up and will begin the labMatt experiments tonight. I am very happy that tomorrow is one of my days off of work in case this experiment goes awry. I am to call the doctor back next week to tell him how I do with this experimentation. I have nothing to lose but sleep itself. They also took blood and urine samples as this was, originally, meant to be my yearly check-up until I gave him my list of health grievances. I am happy that everything else seems to have gone very well and I will await the lab test results. 

After my doctor's appointment I went and visited my mom in the facility where she is staying in Winfield. When I got there nobody could find her anywhere. The place is secure and she has one of those house-arrest things on her ankle so an alarm will sound if she leaves the building. She is allowed to travel by elevator from floor to floor and she can wander within the building as she chooses. I must say that she is the most mobile person in the entire place outside of the staff and visitors. I sat with her while she ate her lunch. All of the other people there needed to be fed by nurses and volunteers and such. It was difficult to find her when I got there. I was wandering around the place looking for her. I finally got in the elevator and went upstairs (though I did not use stairs but it is still called upstairs). As the elevator door opened I saw my mom standing there waiting to get on the elevator to go downstairs (again no stairs). She told one of the nurses that she had been waiting for me to come for a long time and she began to cry (happy tears). She then told the nurses how I was her baby brother (my Uncle Rick). I did not correct her as the nurses knew who I was. She was very happy that her brother came to see her and I would not take that away from her. My Uncle Rick (and Aunt Linda) had come down from Rockford to see her a few weeks back. I was just glad that she was happy. I called her "mom" the entire time I was there and it did not seem to confuse her further. I took her some flowers from Cha Cha, Splenda, Fabio and I. I used our real names on the card. All-in-all it was a very nice visit. 
A couple of morons I would wager!
Today is 9-11 and instead of planes flying into buildings we have hurricanes tearing-up our southern states. I think we should make September only have ten days from next year on. I heard that over 50,000 Einsteins have expressed interest in shooting guns at/into Hurricane Irma. Officials have urged strongly against this as people will, certainly, get shot if that happens. I also heard that people are looting homes and businesses that have been ravaged in their towns as if the hurricane and weather/water/wind damage weren't enough. Things are bad enough for many, many people and then others want to kick them while they are down? I believe Texas and Florida both voted for Donald Trump for President and where is he while all of this is going on? This is the quietest that he has been since being given the Presidency. Now Irma is in Georgia. Maybe the next Hurricane will have a Gone With the Wind reference in it's name since Tara was in Georgia? The hurricane name has to start with a J and must be a male name next time so I guess it would have to be Hurricane John Wilkes. John Wilkes was Ashley Wilkes' father. You will remember that Scarlett O'Hara was in love with Ashley Wilkes but, frankly, I don't give a damn. That has always been Cha Cha's favorite film so I know more about that movie than I would care to admit. Until writing "John Wilkes" just now I never realized that John Wilkes Booth may have been named after John Wilkes? Gone With the Wind was published in 1936 and Booth was born in 1938. Seems like more than a coincidence to me though I am a conspiracy theorist from way-back. Both had a great deal to do about the south too. Hmmmm... 

Alright, I have to clean the kitchen and do some laundry so I will end now. I thank you for stopping by. Hopefully, I will be able to write about what a great night's sleep I had (will have at this point) tomorrow. Why does the bottle say to take "one or two" pills? I cannot be trusted with a decision like that! Who in their not-right, sleepy mind would take just one pill with that option? I suppose it will be a game time bed time decision but the Vegas-odds are 3:2 that I will take two pills. Have a great night and I will probably blog tomorrow (odds on that are even). Thank you for stopping by. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment