Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Mutts and Squeegees

I slept like a rock last night because of the new medicine. Why do we compare sleeping well with a rock? I think we could use any inanimate object for that analogy. How about "I slept like a squeegee?" Squeegee is a funnier word that rock. Rocks are really loud when they roll and gather moss. I read about the new medicine that I am taking on Al Gore's internet and it says that this medicine works by affecting the balance of certain natural chemicals in the brain (neurotransmitters). So, my body just needs a little push in the right direction I guess. I have not slept that well since I drank way too much back in college but, with this stuff, it didn't leave a hangover. I was a bit groggy at first but, if memory serves, this is the feeling of how I felt when I got a good night's sleep back in the 1970's or early 80's.

Today is laundry day and grocery shopping day for me. I just used the last of the birdseed (for the birds, of course) and the nuts for the squirrels this morning. I also have to get stuff for my work lunches. I have a chair to fix and I have some garage straightening-out to do because winter is coming. I did the dishes last night so that's one less thing. I am going to workout at some point today too.

Cha Cha and I are working very diligently at getting rid of DirecTv. We are checking how we can get to see most of our shows while dropping the big bills for stuff that we do not watch.We're trying to become minimalists in a huge house (oxymoron). The house part will be worked-on later in the process. We have way too much house now. I wonder if our neighbors would appreciate us making this place a fraternity or sorority house. I think I already know the answer to that question. I bet Jeff would like all of the pizza and munchies dropped all over the place. A boarding house? A flop house? A restaurant?
Not the actual throne

I spoke to my dad last night and he said that my mom's team pf doctors are looking for a "mind clinic" for her. I am not sure exactly what that means but she was, as much as I saw, the person with the most independent skills in the place where she is staying. She is easily confused, frustrated and irritated so I am happy that they are looking for something to address those issues. I don't foresee her getting much better but I will always hope for improvement.

Okay, shopping time. Can't touch this!

My goodness it is 14:13 already. I did the grocery shopping at the three stores and I spent the last, approximately, two hours working on a broken chair that Jill wanted me to fix. It is a pink felt chair with a silver base with five wheels. She uses it in her office while she is working about 14 hours a day three or four days a week. She spends the other four or three days working in one of her company's offices. So, one of the wheels on the chair was broken and I tried to fix it about nine different ways and I, apparently, am not qualified. I tried: solder, wire, rope, washers, zip strips... At the end I just took the wheels off and it will still sit on the base and spin. She has a carpeted floor in her office upstairs so she will be fine. She does have another plush chair that she has been using. She has lots of options.

While I was out doing the supermarket circuit this afternoon I got a call from my doctor's office regarding my lab work from yesterday. The lady voice told me that they found some red blood cells in my urine and they want me to come back in next week for another test. So, of course, I just now looked on Al Gore's invention again and the site I looked at suggests possible: infection, trauma, tumors, kidney stones, kidney issues, possible prostate problems, bladder cancer or kidney cancer. So, I will go back to Batavia next week and pee in a cup again. I have had kidney stones before and they are no fun. I don't think cancer is much fun either. Based on the choices on the site I would say the smart money here is on the kidney and probably on the Mick and the Stones. I think I will ask about medical marijuana so I can see what all of that fun is about. I don't want to tell Jill but I will, when she gets home, because that is only fair. I am sure it is nothing like Al Gore is suggesting. It will be nothing of consequence. Que sera sera.

I am an over-thinker on everything so this will occupy my thoughts until I get the next results (after the next test) sometime mid/late next week. Thank goodness I have pills to help me sleep now. There may be another European vacation in my future soon? England, Scotland and Ireland sounds like fun. Speaking of that Jill and I have been talking about doing one of those ancestry DNA tests. I have been told that I am mainly: Native American, Irish, German and Bohemian. Jill has been told that she is a great deal English. Her mom was adopted so who knows what we will find in her background?Maybe we will soon? Maybe we will go to Bohemia. I love the rhapsody there.We went to The Czech Republic (Bohemia) and Germany the last time we visited Europe so it if only fair that we visit Cha Cha's mother and fatherlands this time.

I think I will end now and get a few more things done around here before my love gets home from work. Thanks a lot for letting me vent and whine and prognosticate and hope and dream and exaggerate and bluster and whatever else I did here today. I wish the best for you and yours and I will blog again next week and we will see what we see and know. Maybe I will get that medical marijuana after all?  TTTSunday...MITM (out to make some cheese and chicken quesadillas) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment