Monday, September 4, 2017

Taking the Show on the Road

Happy Labor Day. I have bittersweet feelings about saying happy Labor Day this year. It seems to mean something different now because of all of the nonsense going on in our country based at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I wish I could just convince myself that what is being done doesn't affect me that much because I would be more content. I have always been a person that worries (too much at times) about how other people feel and think. I consider that a strength most of the time and a weakness on occasion. And, I am not traditionally religious though I do like many of the lessons and stories that most religions and faiths teach their followers. I think Jesus was probably a very caring person and I like a lot of the things he is credited with saying. I especially like the "do unto others as you would have done unto you" thing. That is not the exact way it was spoken but that is how we have made it to make sense to us. I have always changed it for myself to be more like "do unto others as they would have done unto them" because not everything that I like and want are, most times, the same as what other people like. I would prefer to give them what they want and like instead of assuming that they want and like the same things that I like and want. We are all different and that is a very god thing. I could not stand being around many people like me for too long.

I mentioned yesterday that we were probably going to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin today. I guess that plan has changed. I am not sure what it has been changed to yet but I do not believe we are going there. I think we ought to do something and Fabio said he'd go with us if we do go somewhere. We talked about maybe the dog beach in Chicago. I have always been going somewhere for something ever since I came to America from Germany when I was eight-months-old.

Yesterday Fabio and Cha Cha and I worked in the backyard for two or three or four hours. We: chopped/sawed down a tree or two or three, trimmed many tree branches from the forest of trees in the back, dug holes for and moved several plants of which I am not sure what they are, cleaned-up all of the debris... We have a lot of fire wood and such for the fire pit again. I am sure glad I mowed yesterday morning because it made working on the trees, bushes and plants a lot more convenient. Oh damn, I didn't feed the birds and squirrels yet. BRB. Maybe there aren't as many places to sit/perch will all of our work yesterday.

Ha, there is still lots of seed from yesterday still out there. I imagine they appreciate us more during colder weather. I am sure there are many more places to find food for the animals this time of year. I will keep the feeders filled for whenever they need some food.

I am watching Driving Miss Daisy while I write. I have always really liked this movie. I think Jill and I saw this at the theater when we were in our first year of marriage. In April we will have been married 30 years - holy moley. I may have mentioned it here before but Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were married on the very same day. I was going to write him and invite them to come out and celebrate with us on our special days but that seems stalkerish and I have decided against it. They both seem like very nice people.

It sounds like we may be going to White Pines State Park rather than Lake Geneva. Things change in the blink of an eye here. I think we are going to take Jeff with us. He loves riding in the car and he loves hiking and I am sure he would love deer though he will on the leash. He is very impulsive and would run into the woods and we'd never catch him. He has one of those chips in him but that would stink. The leash will solve a lot of problems. When I was much younger we used to call it White Pines Deer Park. I think that was a place to see deer (kind of like a zoo) within the park. I am not sure if that part is still there. I should probably wear long pants in case I have to tramp around into the white pines. Noah likes to hike so I am sure he will be up for it. I suppose we will have lunch there too or dinner or whatever.

I am going to end now and go downstairs and workout a bit. I hope you have a great day. I may blog again tomorrow - I will try anyway. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment