Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Blog is My Religion!

It has been nearly four months since I wrote my last blog. I have missed writing here and I have especially
missed you a great deal. I have been writing and researching for, what I hope will be, a book one day. I wanted to get started on that because one of my great weaknesses, off-and-on throughout my life, has been procrastination. I am not lazy by most means but I think I am too much of a perfectionist in many ways and, though it does not seem that it should be, that is one of my greatest weaknesses. One of my other great weaknesses is the ability to sleep very many hours in a row which is why I am sitting on the edge of my bed at 11:48 on Christmas night in my brand new pajamas starting this drivel. My sleeping problems have stemmed from several things I believe; me being born in a different country and my never sleeping senses of sound and sight. The slightest sounds or sources of light will cause me to awaken immediately. I may have been reincarnated from a guard dog or something. I have lots of excuses for not writing but I have many more reasons, that I had been ignoring, to write. I think I get a lot of things off of my mind here and can let some of my troubles escape into the ether. I hope the ether never fills-up because I intend to continue to release my bad juju into it. I am already bothered that I finished that last sentence with a preposition revealing another of my great weaknesses - I think too much.

I have been working on, what I hope to be, a novel some day. Work (my actual paying job) has been crazy busy for about the past three or four months so there has been little time to really sit down and write a bunch. I have notebooks and scribblings all together on my desk and I am fairly sure where the main direction my story is headed but I must set the compass properly to reach the destination. Finding true north is the hardest part of beginning that journey for me to arrive in the proper place. I am not looking for fame or fortune in writing a book; I just feel that I have been writing for most of entire life and I feel the need to have something bound that will be here when I am gone. Not for immortality either - just something to prove that I was here so when I am reincarnated and come back I will have a head-start to reach that next plain on my next go-around. Every now and then I have received unsolicited messages from some vulture (me thinking too much again) wanting to have me send money to have my blog hardbound. I cannot imagine what I would do with something like that and I know they are just wanting a new sucker to bleed. I am not that sucker.
I usually picture three people off-and-on in my mind while writing the blog - I picture: my daughter and my great friends of many decades Ma Meyer and Stacee; if I ever do write a book they will probably be three of the first people that I thank in my dedication or foreword; they have always been great supporters of and inspirations for me to continue writing. I know my son and Cha Cha will certainly make that list too. My damn foot is falling asleep right now. Since it is now 12:29 AM perhaps my foot is trying to tell the dumber parts of my anatomy that it/they should be sleeping. Happily, I have today (Tuesday) off of work so I don't need to get up in four-and-a-half hours to shower and whatnot. I think the Michael Franti station that I am listening to on Pandora is helping me get the creative juices flowing too. I have always liked that Jamaican groove in and the irie (yes, that is a word) of that music. Speaking of juices flowing - there has been a lot of Simon and Garfunkel on here too - I think Paul Simon is one of the great talents that has existed in my lifetime; he has irie too. I would not say or believe that, however, if he were not also a seemingly decent person.That is just my belief though I suppose. There have been rumors to the contrary but I believe they were made by people that had something to gain by making unfounded allegation. I am going to try to sleep for a few more hours now (currently 01:18) and see if I can dream about what I should write here when I awake. I never stress about what to write as, for the most part, I just babble like a brook for therapy's sake. I cannot be fired for my poor writing as the person I report directly to is an idiot exactly as dumb as I am.

It's 12:45 PM on  Tuesday now and I am getting around to writing again. I went to Fabio's place this morning because he had a flat tire. I took the tire pump and inflated the tire. He lives on the north side of town and we live more on the south side; it is not very far. On the way back I felt like crying my hands hurt so much from the cold winter air. It may also have been because I started watching It's a Wonderful Life for the 732nd time so maybe that is why I wanted to cry. I know what happens in this film better than I know just about anything else but it still gets me every single time. The movie is two hours and fifteen minutes long but the run-time is three hours on television. That means 45 minutes of commercials. I used to like it better when it ran on PBS so there was no commercials. We also have the DVD if I have that big of an issue with the run time.

For Christmas I got the Gore Vidal book Lincoln. I am very excited to read it. I would have to say that Abraham Lincoln was one of my favorite United States Presidents. I also liked: John Kennedy, Barack Obama, George Washington, both Roosevelts, Thomas Jefferson, Eisenhower, Truman, and Clinton. I have a Theodore Roosevelt that I have still not read too now that I write about this.

Jill and I are going to see the new Star Wars (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) movie this afternoon. I believe I have seen every single one of the Star Wars films in theaters. I think I saw the first one (Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope) in the theater with Mike Hicks in 1977. I was hooked right from the start; I never had a chance. I am really tired and I hope I don't fall asleep during the film. It would not be difficult to sleep with the big comfy recliners that they have in the theaters now. We bought the refillable bowl of popcorn early in the year and we take it with us to the theater and get a huge bucket of corn for less than five bucks. I will probably not eat any popcorn as I am trying to behave myself with the food again. I have lost twenty pounds in the past two months. I am afraid that Christmas did not help in that arena much though. I have just been eating lots of salads and bananas and grapes and apples and oranges. I will probably sneak from fruit into the theater. I think many fruits sound like popcorn when they are being eaten. It has always bothered me that there are no healthy snacks at theaters. I guess that is one great thing about drive-in theaters.

I just found out that the movie starts in 25 minutes so I have get dressed and get ready to go. I may blog again tomorrow even though I will work my ten hours. I hope you have a great day. I thank you for stopping. TTTT(hopefully)....MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment