Saturday, December 30, 2017

Empathetic Dawdling!

 
 Does that picture make you think of Harry Carey too? 
Sorry I didn't write yesterday; I was really tired after work. That last sentence was actually written yesterday and it was rewritten from the previous day. I wrote about three paragraphs and the ghost in this machine (I know I have written before how this computer erases things even though I have saved them) and they vanished. I will try to recreate the brilliant prose that I had typed though I am sure it was better so whatever I write now is not as good as it would have been yesterday. Don't read this next part aloud because my computer may hear you - I really need to get a new computer.

Yesterday (which would have been today when I originally wrote it) they handed-out letters to many of the seasonal workers where I work. I am not a seasonal worker so I was not really impacted directly. The letters were whether each of the recipients were to either become full-time employees or would be let go on a week or so. It was very emotional for many of them. I was happy that several of the people that I had trained when they first started received the good letters. Some people who got the rejection letters just left without finishing the shift. Some stayed and will work until they can no longer come in. I am a very empathetic person so I don't like to see disappointment or sadness even though we all see these emotions often. I consider my empathy sometimes a strength and other times a weakness. Having a full-range of emotions makes us compassionate and I certainly am that.
Moving on... I want to bring the words "dawdle" and "bushed" back into our daily vernacular. "Quit your dawdling!" and "Wow, I am really bushed." There are so many great words that we no longer used. Now I thinking of other words that I liked and we no longer widely spout. I immediately think of: henceforth, whatsername, kerfuffle, thingamajig, heretofore, ... I will come-up with plenty more after I post this unequivocal monstrosity. I love words. That is an odd thing to say now that I see it in words.

I do not have to work for three more days. I get New Years Eve off and New Years Day off and January second in 2018 off. It's just the way that my three-day weekend fell. I generally have a three-day weekend unless it is our busiest times of the year - late fall and early winter.heretofore,

Right now Cha Cha and I are watching Black Mirror on Netflix. I guess I would describe it as a new-age Outer Limits or Night Gallery or The Twilight Zone... Each episode is a different story unto itself. Some are better than others but they all make me think; which I often overdue. I am still watching Godless too, of course. We are very

I should have some time on my hands over the rest of 2017 to be able to write so I am guessing I will blog tomorrow. I hope you have a great night and I thank you for stopping by. Even though I did not write as much as I would like to have this year my resolution is to write more in 2018. Please stay warm for the rest of the year. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment