Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy Old Year!

The luckiest guy in the Milky Way galaxy! Snickers galaxy too.
April 30th will be Cha Cha and my 30th wedding anniversary. Can you believe somebody would be  able to deal with my shenanigans for 30 years? I guess we dated for about six years before that - college sweethearts. She deserves a Purple Heart. For our thirtieth we talked about going to Key West, Florida - we really liked it down there. We also talked about spending our anniversary helping the people of Puerto Rico by going there and helping in whatever way we could. We had vacationed in Puerto Rico a few years back and we loved it there. The people could not have been more pleasant and friendly and the island could not have been more beautiful. It saddens me deeply when I see where it is now. I worry that there is very little that we could do to help there since many of the people have come to the mainland (Florida and the like) to escape the horrors that still exist there. Jill has also wanted to go to New York City for most of her life so maybe we will do that. I have been there and it is fun and vibrant. I went with some buddies to see a Yankees' game and a Mets' game. We still have a few months to figure it out.

In 23 days our youngest offspring (Fabio) will be 21 years old. Time sure does fly by in life. He's a nice young man and I am very proud of that. I feel the same pride when I think of Splenda and how well she is doing and what she is doing in her life. She lives in Chicago and seems very happy. Happiness is one of the main things that you want for your children when they become adults. Don't we all just want to be happy?

I had recorded (DVR) a movie called The Zookeeper's Wife (2017) a while back and finally got around to watching it this morning. For some reason I am entranced by the Holocaust. I cannot imagine that any people could have been so barbaric as Hitler and the Nazis were. It was a very good movie with, mostly, a happy ending. History has proved to us that, overall, nothing about the holocaust was a happy ending. I am not sure why I am so fascinated by the goings-on during that time in: Poland and Germany and Norway and The Netherlands and Belgium and northern France... In a way it was a fortunate thing for those countries and the world that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in Hawaii or The United States of America may have not gotten involved in the war and there could have been a very different outcome had they not "awoken a sleeping giant." I am not sure of exactly why I am so entranced by this era. Is it because I was born in Germany? Is it because of my great passion for other people and their rights to practice and be who they want to be as long it doesn't infringe on other peoples' rights to practice and do what they believe are right? Given yesterday's blog and today's I guess I am just reminded that compassion is one of the the sentiments we should have about and for other people. I think, perhaps, another reason for my deep feeling for animals. When I was young I would always tell people that I was going to be a veterinarian when I grew up. If I ever finishing growing up maybe I will still be a veterinarian.   Bottom line, the film was very good and I recommend it.
I am starting to find that I blog better in the mornings. I have always been a morning person. I am a very light sleeper so any light or the slightest sound wakes me up pretty easily. I used to wear one of those masks over my eyes but I am always in protection mode, even when sleeping, and want to be ready to take a bullet for my family and/or friends if need be. The two masks that I have are: one black one that has yellow letters on it that read"out of order" and the other one I have is a picture of Napoleon Dynamite's eyes and glasses. I guess I am sort of a Baby Boomer Minuteman. I should probably sleep in one of those hyperbaric (or hyperbolic) chambers. I think one (hyperbaric) is for treatment of  decompression sickness and radiation issues and the other (hyperbolic) is used for out-of-body experiences and time-travel like in Quantum Leap. I would be open for either so I could sleep well and re-write history as a better place. I have seen in many movies and television series' that changing the past can change the course of history and make the present totally different than it is now. Pearl Harbor needed to be bombed so that we would not be ruled by tyrants and dictators. In a way, we owe much more to our ancestors for taking the fall for us so we can live the lives that we do presently. Perhaps we are taking bullets for the next ten generations after us by putting-up with the garbage that we see today? Maybe that is all of our purposes to be here and we just take that for granted.

Man, it is 09:26 already. I think I hear Cha Cha rumbling around upstairs so I will end for now. Thanks a lot for stopping-in again. I should be able to write tomorrow morning and the next morning because I don't go back to work until Tuesday. Be safe tonight as we usher-in a new year. I will just be here sleeping until all of the illegal fireworks start bursting in air or I may still be awake to see if Dick Clark is still alive. I am too nosy to wait so I looked - Dick Clark died in 2012. I cannot believe we can get a new year with him gone. Thank you, very much, for my New Years Eve blog that had very little to do with New Years Eve. Be safe and make so good resolutions. TTTNextYear...MITM (out) TA.

No comments:

Post a Comment